Lizardmen/Undead matchup

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

DemLeezards
Rookie
Rookie

Lizardmen/Undead matchup

Post by DemLeezards »

This is my third BB game. Im going up against an undead team like so..
2-mummys
2- wights
1- ghoul
2-skellys
5-zombies
Not sure about his SPPs, I know they dont have many.

My team..
6 Saurus(2 with block)
1 Kroxigor
4 skinks 1 skink with sidestep(2 in reserves)

Suggestions? Im really looking for a lineup/formation of some kind. Im a little worried about his mummies getting too close to my skinks..

Reason: ''
ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Tampa, FL (I USED to be able to see Galak in the distance!)

Post by ZanzerTem »

Put a Saurus in front of each mummy for them to play with, then you don't have to worry about them. Use your Krox to pummel the Ghouls/Skelies/Zombies, in that order preferably. Let the other 4 Saurii pick on the Wights.

NAF # 581
Commish of the ABBL, Tampa Bay's premier BloodBowl League!
BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

I'd be putting the Kroxigor infront of one of the mummies and a Saurus with Block in front of the other. He's still going to get a 2 die block against your Saurus though with one of the mummies so that will lower the percentages of your guy going down. You'll need a couple of extras up there though to get a 2 die block against the Mummy. Personally when its your turn I'd use a couple of skinks to come in and assist to get a 2 die block against the Mummy and keep him down. He'll have to blitz and gfi to get a single block against you in his next turn. And cover the wights and ghouls with a Saurus when you can

BigD

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

I'd be putting the Kroxigor infront of one of the mummies and a Saurus with Block in front of the other. He's still going to get a 2 die block against your Saurus though with one of the mummies so that will lower the percentages of your guy going down. You'll need a couple of extras up there though to get a 2 die block against the Mummy.
Ah, I feel like it's confusion time. :lol:

I personally think that your two Sauri with block are worth more than wasting them on a mummy. And especially the Krox. :o

I would rather use the krox for hunting down any possible receivers or try to break the cage. Prehensive tail can be annoying for undead.

BigD:
If DemLeezards wants to aviod Skink/mummy contact (quite a good idea :lol:) your proposal above seems to me like the wrong idea. You won't really get the mummy off the field (except you are lucky). So with two skink assists you need three players to get one of his down. Both skinks may in the next turn be in the middle of a block festival and this is the opposite of what you want. And one critical turnover of yours (you don't do this of course :lol: ) and the mummy is back in business forcing your skinks to make risky dodges to get away and leaving your poor Saurus behind. You can have this easier. :wink:

I would try to aviod a blocking war with undead in this case. They will regenerate and you will only burn your rr. Use your strength-your speed and skink mobility. If you start blocking too much where you don't need to, you are easily pinned down by a zombie and going nowhere. And blocking is what the undead player wants. :cry:

Thus place a saurus without block next to the mummy if you are afraid of them and go for the ball. Two skinks will get a one-die-block on the ball carrier and even a push means he has to deal with your skinks next turn as well. Doesn't look like he has tacklers around. Put pressure him (without getting into ablock war) and see HIM using his rr. And if he has to protect his ball carrier he won't go skink hunting. :lol:

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

I'll bow out to the 'experienced' lizard coach here. I know whenever I'm playing Undead against Lizards its the Saurus's that get on the Nerves. Skinks are easy to take out, I just put my wights on them or even the skeletons/zombies. They always get a 2 die block and with AV7 a skink always has a good chance of leaving the field. And don't believe Mummies don't blitz, been there, done that, and its paid of quite nicely in the past as well.

The Kroxigor at ST5 is an even match for the Mummy, give him an assist and you'll at least push him back hopefully with a 2 die block. Better odds on that alone. If he goes down then so much the better but then I wouldn't follow up, make him come to you but I'd never leave the Mummy free. Keep a Saurus or Kroxigor on him at all times if I can. Also of course the Krox has Mighty Blow so you have a slighly better chance than normal anyway. Avoidance is best but its not always going to be that way!

I don't like using the Kroxigor for hunting as having BoneHead is a right pain and has proven more hassel that its worth. Also not having team rerolls available can just be too costly with turnovers going when you need it. I'd rather have a free Saurus for nailing the ball carrier, and ideally with Block of course but it does take a while to get any skills on a Saurus. If there is a chance to keep a Mummy down I'd rather do it with block with an assist of a free skink and push him away from the Skink so he'll have to blitz with it anyway, or at least GFI just to step up if he starts the turn prone.

BigD

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

And don't believe Mummies don't blitz, been there, done that, and its paid of quite nicely in the past as well.
Jap, I know (from both sides of the table) how devastating this can be. :lol: And your krox can be annoying at times, too. At the Dutch open, I tried to blitz with him five consecutive turns. He did nothing. :pissed:

I usually burn my rr fast, so actually it doesn't really matter (for me) to block with two dice with a Saurus and go down or do the same with a krox.

Back to the mummy of your example: if you have two skinks as assists for your saurus but only push the mummy next to one of his zombies, then you might get into trouble. Another zombie as an assist for the saurus in front, the first zombie will block your saurus, the mummy is free to blitz and one of the skinks might be history. Easy bashing! :cry: :wink: Not good! I suggest leave blocking to him, save your rr and watch him push you around! :lol:

More into detail (in theory) of the matchup: The undead only have two wights and one ghoul which shouldn't matter on offense anyway. Should be fairly easy to exploit either concentrated strength or speed to protect your ball carrier until you score. :lol:

On defense, one of the three will probably get the ball so only two of them can protect him. If you can put pressure on the carrier early he will have to move some of his players for protection. Then he won't have many left to get your sauri down. This helps you to survive a bit. Thus, the blocking Sauri are the ones to get free and biltz with them. They are IMO too valuable to be beaten up by a mummy. :lol: And a zombie will need a claer knockdown for yous skinks, too.

If you really can threaten the ball carrier, he might have to use the blitz for protection rather than demolition (this can still be skink consuming). Then his mummies can only try to get next to you. And if they don't have block, they will push you around as well. :lol:

DemLeezards, how many rr do you have? And are there 4 or 6 skinks on your team? (hehe, there are some nice scrifice-your-skink-moves :lol: ) How do you play on offense? And I hope you also have an apo, you WILL need it...

Nuff said, good luck!

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

Gotta agree. I should have looked more at the team. I'm used to playing a team with more Wights/Ghouls, especially these days. I was looking at Undead vs Lizardman more as when you generally play them as opposed to a specific team. Sorry bout that.

Good Luck! Undead can be a right pain in the butt but then again, my Lizards at Tournament this year could only manage to put 10 Wood Elves on the ground and didn't do a single major injury. The best they could manage was a stun, on 10 bloody wood elves! Not impressed but those dice are gone. Have a new set which after the rolls at the weekend verses Spyke's Dark Elves I'm happy to say are joining the team fulltime! 2 Natural Deaths, 3 SIs a 2 KOs was just sweet. And most of that was in the first half with the team going on to win 3 - 0. Oh yeah!

BigD

ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star

Post by ZanzerTem »

With Prehensile Tail, the Krox was made for Ghoul hunting. Here is how I would do it:

2 skillless Saurii on the 2 Mummies
2 Block Saurii on the 2 Wights
2 skilless Saurii hurting Ghouls/Skelies/Zombies in that order
Krox hurting Ghouls/Skelies/Zombies in that order
Skinks dodging away from the remaining Skelies/Zombies, ganging up on the ball carrier.

NAF # 581
DemLeezards
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DemLeezards »

I have a total 6 skinks.
3 rerolls
8 FF
Got lucky the first game of the season and stole my opponents winnings. 140K purse WOOO!

This will be my forth BB game, so Im pretty much still on the learning curve for strategies. I like using the two sauri with block as blitzers.

I would like to start season 2 having at least 4 of the 6 sauri intact and with block, so I try to do dmg when i can with them.

ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star

Post by ZanzerTem »

Your next 2 Saurii that get skills should take Break Tackle, assuming no doubles. The ability to dodge like an elf is priceless on a bashy team.

NAF # 581