New Orc player needs advice from expirienced Orc players

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Ludakk
Rookie
Rookie

New Orc player needs advice from expirienced Orc players

Post by Ludakk »

Hello, all!
I guess that this is another one of those: "HELP ME I'M LOOSING BAD" posts, but I'd like to assure you that imo this one is not.
Yes, I am asking for help, but also what I'd love to do is post all of the info, tips, tricks etc on one page where people like me (new to the game) could come and check out all of the useful info. I would not take any credit for whatever info you'd provide.
Ok, back to what I'm having trouble with...
So far I've played 2 games with my Orcs, lost both, current team rating is 116, have Apothecary(got it right after my 2nd game) league that I play in is open, I get to play vs all the races, but at the moment I'm trying to play with teams that are -/+ 15 my team's TR therefore range is : 100-131.
Here's my team list:
http://deloran777.tripod.com/Skarville_ ... ladez.html
I just got one of my LM a Block skill, so I guess acording to some of the posts here that was a right choice.

I'm having difficult time understanding how to place and move my players to make them more useful, I want to use some kind of formations, but at the same time the only one I know about it "the cage", but as far as I know, there are alot of others on OF n DEF, would you mind showing and explaining them to me?
In last night's game I could do very little (once again due to lack of expirience), I was playing vs fellow Orc player who was using interesting KO formation(s), I had no time to stop and ask him why due to his huge complains about me taking my time (I guess not everyone likes to pay attention to me sayin:"sorry im new, thats the only reason why I'm taking so long")
here's a formation from the last game:
http://deloran777.tripod.com/g2.jpg
As you can see from the pic I was receiving the ball, I placed my BO side by side with LM on both ends to try and hurt his BOs, didn't do too much damage due to bad rolls. I placed my 2 goblins so they wold be able to run all the way back in case if the ball went too far back(all the way to the EZ) And at the same time I was like:"why is he putting all the other players far away from LOS?"
Both teams were like in a range of 105-110 TR range, no overly skilled orcs on both teams, only coaches : one was new(me) and the other one knew what he was doing(my oponent).
Anywho, could you please let me know how to improve my skill level, how to develop my team, what players to get, formations, strategy etc, whatever you feel that I must know in order to become a solid Orc player. I've read alot of info on the net about Orc tacktics so I'd apriciate if you cold just tell me from your own expirience what I should do, you know...
Sorry for making this post so darn long, hope you not asleep.
-=D=-
p.s. you can either post your replys on here or if your reply turns out to be as long as mine you can just e mail me at:
deloran2000_2000@yahoo.com
Thank you all for your input.

Reason: ''
Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

Your links don't seem to be working.

Before asking more questions, I suggest you go here and read all the articles in the "General" category and in the race specific for Orcs.

Unfortunately all of those articles were written before the current edition of the rules, but for the most part everything should still be very useful.

Good reading!

-Balrog

Reason: ''