Hobbits

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Hobbits

Post by NightDragon »

I mean Halflings. I have a team, only ever won one game. Anyone had more success and if so how?

Reason: ''
NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ask Galak, he's won a game or two (one against me in my 1st PBeM game :( )

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
kaboom
Super Star
Super Star

Post by kaboom »

HALFING ARE THE BEST!

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

LUCK!!!!!!!!

The only way i have managed too win games with halflings is too successfully throw the liitle guys with my treemen, therfore,,,,,,,,,,,,, LUCK!!!!!!!!

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

I've played them for .500. Usually made a cage, almost never threw halfers but threw the ball a few times, and threw lots of 2-dice against blitzes on the opposing ball carriers. Didn't score a lot of TDs, but didn't let the opposition score a lot either. The few times i did throw halfers, it was at the opposition (in an empty square of course) in an attempt to get the ball free.

My best game was a 3-0 win against a very good chaos coach. Let's just say that i had luck on my side. I meat that team in the playoffs, and was favored to win, but incredible badluck for the whole game meant that i lost 2-1. Both treemen didn't show up, the master chef rolled 1 (zero reroll stolen) and 3 (only one reroll stolen) and i kept failing my dodges.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

The coaches you play must not be that good if they are struggling to beat a non throwing (team mates that is) halfling team :lol: .

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

I don't know. That chaos coach has eliminated me twice in two playoffs, the other time with a chaos dwarf team that was more advanced than his team. There's also that lizardman team that i beat 2-1. That coach is a formidable opponent, but no roll was going his way. I don't remember who the other win was against.

I do throw halflings, but rarely, and usually only on defense (unless i need a 1-turn score). Playing conservatively, you can win with halflings, especially early on in the league because the low price of your players means you can outnumber any team.

Edit: it wasn't obvious in my post, but i was the one playing chaos dwarf, and he had the same chaos team.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i ve done 10 games with halfling (5 V 5 Loss) and i played against 4 Dwarves (2V 2 L)
So little guys are harder to play than Gobbo, but i played them in 3rd ed with Star players...That i dont do anymore...

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

I played 1 game with 'fling once; was a 1-1 draw; I would have won if I had made that final GFI...
Best tactic I could find is to use a lot of 'flings to build a screen of TZ around your ball carrier; that way the opponent will either have to make some heavy dodges to get to the ball carrier, or he will have to spend his Blitz breaking the screen. Your 3+ stunty dodge should go far to helping you keep your 'flings relatively safe. Oh, and when you've got something expensive down, or something less expensive, gang up and FOUL!

I also heard an idea somewhere about freebooting stunties for the LoS, saving your regular players from that position...

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]