Hurt Lizardmen

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Blackscale
Star Player
Star Player

Hurt Lizardmen

Post by Blackscale »

I just played a first league match with lizardmen:

5 saurus
6 skinks
3 RR
6 FF

I won the game 2-1, but one of my Sauri was killed in turn 1. With only 60k winnings, I cannot immediately replace him.
Now I am wondering if I should buy an apothecary, buy a skink or save to replace the saurus. I think the last option is best.

Reason: ''
We have looked in the face of our creators and seen the face of an enemy
---Rodimus Prime
Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

Get the apothecary. 4 Saurus is enough to hold the line for now. You need something on your team that will prevent this from happening again, plus you're likely to need to fix up at least one skink every game. On a Lizardman team, the apothecary is an essential first purchase.

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

You dont have an apo :o
Get one immediatly as you would really suffer from not having one.

Asmodan

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Take the Apothecary...

Post by Smeborg »

Take the Apothecary!

You must stop the rot now.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless
BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Hurt Lizardmen

Post by BadMrMojo »

Blackscale wrote:I won the game 2-1, but one of my Sauri was killed in turn 1. With only 60k winnings, I cannot immediately replace him.
Now I am wondering if I should buy an apothecary, buy a skink or save to replace the saurus. I think the last option is best.
I was in this exact same situation earlier today after my first match with my new lizards. I didn't take the apoth and I wish I did. Go for the apothecary.

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Always buy the apoth first, ESPECIALLY if you got hammered in the first game.

Blackscale
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Blackscale »

That's clear. I will buy the ap.

Thanks guys.

---Rodimus Prime
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

I'm glad you got the apoth!

R

(The guilty opponent...)

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

The Apoth is a great idea, I agree with you on that. I'd probably have dropped a RR though and added 1 to my FF though. Keep the 5 Saurus's on the Frontline as they can be pretty useful. And having 5 on the opening frontline does give an excellent formation with great coverage including the wide zones if two spaces apart from eachother. With ST4 your opponent will need 3 guys to get a 2 die block against you anyway. Otherwise put in one space on the LOS and makes it a lot harder but leaves you one player in a wide zone for defence anyway. He's still got to get through the line to nail your Skinks.

BigD

Blackscale
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Blackscale »

I need rerolls for picking up the ball, for when I roll a skull/blockskull combination, for GIF's, basically for everything.
During the game I noticed that four Sauri was enough, but that I could not have won the game without the third reroll.

---Rodimus Prime
Raven_Talons
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Raven_Talons »

Ok I I guess I am going rouge here. have played for about three games without an aporticty. Knowing the lizardmen have no middleman take pick up the slack I took three rerolls. I went 4 saurus 2 FF(I know I am crazy But I will explain later) and 8 skinks. The only reason I took such a low ff is everyone else has a high ff. For my first few games I would figure I would leach off the FF for money( my mine consern trying to get a aportchy) Unfourntly my ff went down the first game. My next two games were played awesome with me wininng and getting a +3 to my roll all toghter but of course I get a 2 on the dice roll each time. I hope now that I bought an extra saurs I can make sure my oppinet doesn;t score( nothing makes me more mad then when an oppint scores) For example I face a goblin team one turn to go. Troll throw a goblin in for the touchdown. Made me mad so I took out his lead goblin( No I didn;t foul him I blocked him and caused him a niggling) Also i thought it wrong that our leagues lead player was a goblin. Anyway this is my advice for my lizardmen team

I've been to the end of the unvirse and it's in Austin Texas. On one side of the street there is a starbucks and on the other side of the street there is ANOTHER STARBUCKS---Lewis Black