GW league, problems for my High elves...

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Talafar
Experienced
Experienced

GW league, problems for my High elves...

Post by Talafar »

Well after the success of the 2DW 1PW 8LE lineup in my local league, I thought I would try the same at GW.
Unfortunately, things havent gone quite to plan...
First off, there are only 4 matches before the final, so my team (built for the long term with 6 FF) is far less effective.
Secondly, my first game while a stunning 4-1 win over an orc team, resulted in a DEATH. One linelf didnt make it home...
And to add insult to injury, I rolled a 2 for money, and so will have to play my next match with 10 elves and no apothecary...
Thirdly, I chose dodge as skill for my DW, (he scored twice) and a linelf got kick, but I then found out that my two main rivals have got dwarves (one chaos) and so dodge is virtually useless :(
And finally, it looks almost certain that I will play one of the two players I vitally need to beat, in my next game. With my team in quite a state too...
So what do I do? I'm tempted to freeboot a linelf, but then another low money roll will result in me getting nowhere. And I may well lose another player, as SPP are given for fouling ( I know it normally isnt), and it is rather popular.
So what do you guys think?

Reason: ''
Talafar

If one piece of bad luck will lose you the game, you do not deserve to win it
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

If you have the choice kick. You've got a better chance of turning him over with 10 players than 7 or 8.

Kick is going to be the key. Kick deep and put a lot of pressure on the back field. Hopefully you'll get something and manage to score. All you need to do is turn him over once.

If you got 50k buy the apoth - you can't afford another casualty. If you can't even afford that then do not freeboot a line elf. You have to get your numbers up.

Reason: ''
Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams