+1 to dodge for an already AG3, dodge player?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Dan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dan »

how about sidestep on doubles, nothing is more irritating than hitting a blodger with one dice and only managing to move him one sqaure closer to the endzone. Especially when he was 7 squares away before your blitz :)

Reason: ''
Mortalman
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mortalman »

I reckon I'll probably go with SH if I don't roll a double for my next increase, I just reckon that Guard/MB are more dedicated line-player skills (by which I mean Line-orcs, BOs and Ogres) whereas this guy has some pace and flair on him which I'm keen to exploit. If I get a double I'll be deliberating between Sure Feet - cos I like the idea of a M8 blitzer! - and Catch because that will complete my throwing game (I already have a catch/sure feet gobbo, but that's only useful if I'm sure he can't be blitzed).

If I had taken SF first instead of dodge I'd go a different way, but I feel that putting both on a player while it is effective puts too much emphasis on one aspect of his game - ie getting hit. He's hard enough to take down with blodge and S4, I'm concerned now with making him a good offensive player.

"Well I am a king!"
"Oh King! Very nice! And how d'you get that then?"
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

I don't take stand firm and dodge for when i get hit at all. To me, that's just a bonus that i barely even think about. The main reason, and the true power of the combo, is for dodging. Getting a reroll and having no fear of turnover when dodging easily makes any guy the best dodger of the league, better at it than even elves.

Your blitzer is already MA8. All you have to do is save a team reroll for the occasional failure. Sure feet is really quite a mediocre skill when you think about it. The only agility skills that rank lower in my book are sprint and diving catch.