Chaos Dwarves.

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Chaos Dwarves.

Post by NightDragon »

Do you CD coaches always take the two Centaurs(?) and how do you use them?

Reason: ''
NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I start without any, cause i like to have 5rerolls and 6 dwarfs to start with so they can get guard quicker

Though it doesn't take that long to buy them (after an apoth)

I use one to break from one line off the LOS to go after the ball carrier and the other one stays at the back of the ruck in the middle of the pick with high move and break tackle he can split off the back to go and blitz players who break through.

If a ruck does develop in the middle i usually get stuck in keeping the centaurs on the fringe to break after players running off, use the hobbos as coverage back in my half.

Against elfs/skaven i do the same run down to pressure the ball carrier and then and try and cover the receivers. Though developed elfs normally score (damn multiple nerves of skill players). Then you have to execute the 2-1 grind on them and not let them have the ball again.

Either way always try and get in a position to have a go at the ball carrier, bull centaurs are up there with wardancers as the best blitzers in the game.

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

You rate wardancers that highly? They can break pretty easily! I thought you would use the Bulls like that. So why if they are so effective are the CD's allowed two? No wonder some people are claiming that CD teams always come out highly.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Rogerg1979
Experienced
Experienced

Rule of 1

Post by Rogerg1979 »

Cos, if there is ever one of anything (Good), it gets stomped on till it breaks.

If there are two (relativly similar) players, then spending all the energy stomping repeatedly on just one is less appealing :)

Gk.

Heeeyyyy sexy mamma.... Wanna kill all the humans? ;-)
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

cause you can have 2 wardancers 2 mummies etc

zeroalpha
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zeroalpha »

All of the chaos dwarf coaches i have played against (all 3 of them) have always taken both BC to begin with. I remember one who had sure hands and was near impossible to get the ball from.
As for the use, they seem to be everywhere, on accout of there large MA value, almost a general dogs body. Blitzing here there and everywhere, though i have only ever played the one who carried the ball.

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Unlike Grum I started with two centaurs 4 blockers 3 rr and some other stuff, worked ok, centaurs are now both AG3, one has block the other block/dodge, they just run about annoying things
Hobbos foul anything that gets knocked over.......and the blockers, well 5 of the 6 have gaurd so they just hang round hitting stuff.....works well if you get what i mean :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Grumbledook wrote:I start without any, cause i like to have 5rerolls and 6 dwarfs to start with so they can get guard quicker

Though it doesn't take that long to buy them (after an apoth)

I use one to break from one line off the LOS to go after the ball carrier and the other one stays at the back of the ruck in the middle of the pick with high move and break tackle he can split off the back to go and blitz players who break through.

[...]

Either way always try and get in a position to have a go at the ball carrier, bull centaurs are up there with wardancers as the best blitzers in the game.
Yeah, everything he said except that i start with 4 CDs and 1 troll.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Bull Centaurs

Post by Smeborg »

Hi, Deputy Dawg -

Like other sides, there's no perfect starting roster. But in a league, the CDs should always take advantage of their cheap Re-rolls and cheap cannon fodder (Hobgoblins). In a league, I like to start with lots of Chaos Dwarfs, lots of Hobgoblins, 9 Fan Factors, and at least 3 Re-rolls. Ideally, I also like to start with at least 1 Bull Centaur and an Apothecary (but something has to give). If you start with 2 BCs, you will not be able to exploit the lovely cheap aspects of the CD roster. I normally hesitate between:

(a) 6 CDs, 6 HGs, 4 RR, 9 FF, 1 A.

(b) 1 BC, 5 CDs, 7 HGs, 3 RR, 9 FF.

I used to go with (a), but it's a bit old fashioned (3rd Ed. anyone?). I now prefer (b). One of the reasons is that Bull Centaurs are very hungry to get SPPs, so it helps to start playing with at least one as soon as possible.

In offence, I recommend using a BC as the ball carrier. In defence, BCs should be used as (deep) safeties. In any case, never (normally) end your turn with a BC in an opponent's tackle zone. Leave them free to move - they love it. If you find yourself using BCs like glorified Black Orc Blockers (and very expensive ones at that!), you know you've done something wrong.

Skill development: I recommend Break Tackle as the first skill for BCs. They become hot to handle with that (proto-Htharks). With each skill advance, they seem to make a quantum leap in ability (more so than with any other player in BB, perhaps). You can dream too - I once had an AG4 BC. Nice, that.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

why take an apoth when you can get another reroll and save 50k in the longrun?

with ff9 its rare you won't get enough for an apoth after the first match

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Indeed. And even if you lose a hobgoblin in the first game (which is pretty unlikely), you've still only lost 40k to save 50k, a net gain of 10k.

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Cheers Smeborg (the fleshless?), Yep that was good. I've just inherited a team from my brother who didn't treat them very well, so I was thinking of adding a BC. Looks like a wise choice. Laters DD.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Sooner or later i always used 2 bc's, even when they were big guys.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Starting with an Apothecary

Post by Smeborg »

Hi Grumbledook and Zombie -

I know the fashion is to start without an Apothecary in order to max out on Re-rolls.

Well, mabye it's just me, but every time I start a league side without an Apothecary, a Chaos Dwarf dies before I buy one. This seems to me typical of the workings of Nuffle (like going out without an umbrella).

Mind you, at CanCon (mini-league format), I took an Apothecary to protect against the inevitable Chaos Dwarf death in game one. The Chaos Dwarf duly died in the first game, and of course the Apothecary... failed :lol: .

Gotta sort out that helmet design...

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I agree I always start with an apothecary, otherwise my favourite named player will be killed, or my most expensive one.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic