Physical Skills?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Physical Skills?

Post by Skummy »

I was talking to another member of my league the other day, and we both noticed that there were a few physical traits that just won't get taken when a player rolls doubles. Should all physical upgrades require doubles, or should some of the lesser skills like Extra Arms, Two Heads, Prehensile Tail and Thick Skull be added as Physical skills which could be taken on a regular roll?

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Physical Skills?

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Skummy wrote:I was talking to another member of my league the other day, and we both noticed that there were a few physical traits that just won't get taken when a player rolls doubles. Should all physical upgrades require doubles, or should some of the lesser skills like Extra Arms, Two Heads, Prehensile Tail and Thick Skull be added as Physical skills which could be taken on a regular roll?
Thick Skull should become a Racial Char. As for the others ... I've seen them on Skaven for sure. One of the ugly Gutter Rutters I've seen was Shadowing, Side Step, Prehensile Tail. Used exclusively for scorer prevention.

Galak

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Thick Skull not being a racial characteristic caught me by surprise the other day. I assumed it would be.

The skill combinations on that GR are pretty good, but I have a hard time seeing someone pick up Extra Arms instead of Nerves of Steel. Taking Two heads at all seems like a waste of a skill with so many other good physical mutations out there.

:oops: By the way, I meant to post this thread in the "New Concepts" forum. If one of the powers that be could move it, they'd have my thanks.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

It's be neat if Thick Skull and Spikes became Strength traits, but that's just me.

-Balrog

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Balrog wrote:It's be neat if Thick Skull and Spikes became Strength traits, but that's just me.

-Balrog
Change the name of Spikes to Battle Hardened, Iron Skin, Abs of Steel ... yeah that would be fine by me on both counts. Both of those items could easily represent a player just becoming tougher.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hell yeah. Norse Blitzer with Abs of Steel, Thick Skull and Horns (wee, you've seen their helmets).

Where's the petition?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Abs of steel.....why not buns o' steel. Increases gate by d6 for all the extra female fans flocking to see your player's buns o' steel. :D

GO STAMPEDERS!
Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

Torg wrote:Abs of steel.....why not buns o' steel. Increases gate by d6 for all the extra female fans flocking to see your player's buns o' steel. :D
Now your stretching... (anyone get the pun?) :P

-Balrog