Very run of the mill Orc Blitzer

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Mortalman
Experienced
Experienced

Very run of the mill Orc Blitzer

Post by Mortalman »

Here's my Orc team:

Blitzer - Tackle (skill)
Blitzer - Tackle, pro, strip ball
Blitzer - +1S, Dodge
Blitzer
BO - Block, Guard
BO - Block
BO
BO
Thrower - Block, Accurate, Safe Throw
Thrower
Lineman - Tackle
2 x Lineman
Goblin - Sure Feet, Catch
Ogre - Block

Here's my problem: Blitzer - Tackle, (skill). I can't think of anything apart from turning him into a carbon copy of the other one (ie tackle, strip ball, pro) that would complement tackle well. I'm not really going for a murder team so my only other thought was guard. Any suggestions?

Reason: ''
"Well I am a king!"
"Oh King! Very nice! And how d'you get that then?"
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Guard is your best choice. I'd go tackle, guard on all blitzers with 2 normal skills.

Other options

Pass Block - useful if your league has lots of passing teams.

Mighty Blow or Piling On - less useful as your going to be blitzing with +Str guy. I would still help add to those casualties.

Strip Ball may be useful as it makes it harder for your opponents to avoid them. I find that you don't get many shots at opponents ball carriers and Orc blitzers don't have the mobility to always get there. That's an argument for either never taking it, or taking it across the board. If you do that all ball carriers will have Sure Hands.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
zeroalpha
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zeroalpha »

Even if you are not looking to murder people, mighty blow is always a good choice.
There is nothing wrong with having two blitzers with the same skills set, it does mean that you don't have to worry as much about positioning each one, as they both have the skills, you cover a wider area.
I think guard tends to work better for lineman (on doubles) or black orc blockers as they hang around the line of scrimmage more and so are in a position to lend an assist more often.

so i would go with mighty blow or strip ball

Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

Tackle, or Guard.
My orc team uses two blitzers as blocking support (Block, Guard, Mighty Blow) and the other two as safeties (Tackle, Strip Ball) - this system is very effective.

-Balrog

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

I'd go with Guard or Mighty Blow. If you have a lot of other strength teams in your league, Guard is the best choice. If there are a lot of 7 AV dodgers running around, this Orc will stop them dead in their tracks. He's very good for taking out Skaven Gutter Runners and Wood Elf catchers.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]