second skill for a trollslayer

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Thadrin wrote:Slayers are there to hurt people. Especially people bigger than themselves. MB is an enormous help in that.
If you play straight LRB Piling On is much better at getting opponents off the pitch. As things stand if you go prone you are guaranteed a stun and have a 36% higher chance of getting a KO or casualty than with MB - even on S3 players and a 20% higher chance of getting a casualty.

Reason: ''
Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Thadrin wrote:BOTH my Slayers took what should be your chice as their first skill. Mighty Blow.

Slayers are there to hurt people. Especially people bigger than themselves. MB is an enormous help in that.

(I would have SFed the Slayers too. Means a frenzy can leave you by the sideline and you don't have to worry about Crowd surfing. Also makes him incredibly annoying when you later give him Guard.
Agreed, mighty blow and stand firm are certainly the best for troll slayers. And for a second non-double skill, pro to help hurt some more.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Second doubles? Dodge probably.

I discount POn for the earlier mentioned "Going prone" reasons. I don't like doing it, and dwarfs are so damned slow that POn can becoome a real handicap. Not saying its a bad choice, just not one I'm keen on.

That said, if one of my slayers keeps going the way he's going I'm going to have to pick it eventually.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

mightyblow

Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

Being prone is the main reason POn is not good for dwarves, but it also helps on increasing it's XP making easy casualties and helps with those guys who have high Av. MB comes later. In our league there are undeads, orcs, lizards but just three elf teams so beating high av is really important.

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.