Pro for whights strategy?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Zombie wrote:I've never met anyone who takes more risks in a game than i do (in fact i take too many for my own good, go for it too often, etc). I find it hard to believe that anyone could use a 6th reroll more often than i do.
maybe i just roll shit dice. i've had 10 rerolls on a team before...wood elves...just in case we ever went to overtime. And I've used them all before too. I don't take risks that much either, play very conservatively. But if you dodge all your elves off all the time, and not all of them have dodge, and some opponents have tackle, you're bound to roll 1s here and there. Then there's leaping, picking up the ball without sure hands...all kinds of chances for a 1 every turn. Gotta have rerolls

Besides at later tr's it was a good way to lose tr because you spent 100k on 5tr...back in the day when you could actually have too much $$.

Theres no such thing as too many rerolls.

Reason: ''
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Well, rerolls that you don't use do contribute to your TR and give handicap to the opponent...

The reason why i could very seldom use more than 5 rerolls is not because i roll well, but because i often enough get a turnover from something i can't use a reroll for (e.g. picking up the ball with sure hands, etc.)

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Zombie wrote:Well, rerolls that you don't use do contribute to your TR and give handicap to the opponent...

The reason why i could very seldom use more than 5 rerolls is not because i roll well, but because i often enough get a turnover from something i can't use a reroll for (e.g. picking up the ball with sure hands, etc.)
well rerolls you don't use contribute half as much to your tr as if they had been cash sitting in your treas with nothing better to do. this was especially true of undead, who never had to buy a wizzo or apoth, and who never had to replace dead zombies (you could get one by killing one of their players if you tried hard enough). This is a lot less true in the brave new world of lrb, the money is a lot tighter, but it happened all the time in 3rd ed.

and yes i've suffered the same thing you're talking about numerous times (failed dodge with dodge skill, no rr used), but at the same time when you have that many it's ok to use rerolls on stuff you'd normally just live with. Like a failed block (not skulls, just not a knockdown either) Or (back when this was an issue) a doubles roll on a foul.

incidentally, back on the pro skill, that was one of it's best uses back then... pro on armor rolls, or if you broke av the first time, pro on the stun to go for a ko or better...now maybe you can understand just how nasty my blk, dt, pro mummies were :) My undead were pretty tough defensively :)

Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

The best thing back then was to throw away the whole pile of money by freebooting, rather than just half of it and being stuck with the other half permanently. Handicaps well a lot harsher back then, so keeping you TR low was a big issue.