New to Chaos Dwarves...question about team development

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

nkelsch wrote:I find trolls the 'I can't afford anything better' big guy. Agility 1 and really stupid are much more frustrating than Wild animal since you can at least protect yourself from wild animal and you are guaranteed his action every turn.
Just wanted to say that in my troll's 20-game carreer before he retired because of an MVP (see the "i hate aging" thread), the AG1 hasn't been a factor a single time.

Reason: ''
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Artificial Penguin wrote:Well the imagery of a giant Minotaur with tentacles waving about is enough to make me almost soil myself with fear. I know I wouldn't go anywhere near it :-?
Another idea if you don't want anyone near him is to give him piling on and razor sharp fangs. That should do it!

ljm
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ljm »

Artificial Penguin wrote:Well the imagery of a giant Minotaur with tentacles waving about is enough to make me almost soil myself with fear. I know I wouldn't go anywhere near it :-?
I have a minotaur team with converted models for tentacles and big hand.

ljm

One false move, wizard, and your familiar gets it!
Rogerg1979
Experienced
Experienced

Ouch

Post by Rogerg1979 »

Minotaur with tentacles... Will get picked on in a hurry!

Has anyone tried this? How did it go? Cos it certainly seems like a nasty combo (I have amazons and High elves in my league so I might give it a go if no one else has!).

G

Heeeyyyy sexy mamma.... Wanna kill all the humans? ;-)
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

We have a Minotaur in my league with Tentacles. It's proven to be very useful against some teams, and not so good against others. In general, I think WA's are a team killer in leagues that allow star players, becasue they don't have any way to deal with a 6 ST star moving next to them, and it can really screw over their team.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Bull Centaurs

Post by Smeborg »

Hi, Artificial Penguin -

Definitely purchase a Bull Centaur with your 130,000. No contest here.

And definitely give your Bull Centaurs Break Tackle as your first skill.

If you find you're using your BCs like glorified Black Orc Blockers, then I suggest you're not using them as intended. Exploit their mobility.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless
duff
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

New to Chaos Dwarves...question about team development

Post by duff »

My Dwarf Troll slayer had a realy good day thumping the opposing BC without block. Str 4 is easy to Dauntless, so at worst it was 1 dice with a 50% knock down, and I usualy had an assist, on his turn he usualy had about the same. If he'd had block his day would have involved a lot less standing up. 8)

I don't have to be faster than the Ogre, just faster than you!
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

I know this thread is old and my advice might not weight alot in the balance, but here it is anyway :

I would buy another BC with the 130 K.
Then, I'd pile up some cash for a 5th RR before buying a Big Guy (I have a Mino myself, and he's OK. You must get him to 6 spp to give him Block fat though !).

As for the BC skill progression, see my other Topic ! I think a great discussion will be going on !

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!