Retirement help

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

When to retire Dark Elves?

Post by Odium Khan »

So, I've got this DE blitzer with an MA decreasement. He also has one skill (dodge), so he's great for putting on the line or up against fairly unskilled big guys. I reckon he saves the undamaged players' a$$es in doing so, and should he ever get another injury or niggle I wouldn't burn my Apothecary but rather let him soak it. Same tactic goes for my two niggled lineelves (one block, the other one ST+1). Comments? Should I choose to develop my blitzer in another direction?

By the way, my team is:
thrower x1
blitzer x4
WE x2
lineelves x7
RR x2 (+1 leader)
FF 12
Apothecary
TR 168

All players have one or two skills except two of the blitzers (unskilled).

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: When to retire Dark Elves?

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Odium Khan wrote:Same tactic goes for my two niggled lineelves (one block, the other one ST+1). Comments?
Even with Niggle you can't afford to waste a +ST player as a sacrifice. He ought to be one og your key players. On offence he smashes holes in the opponent's line. Get him Block and Tackle and he'll make an awesome sweeper.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Oh well, yes I was actually going to make that ST+1 lineelf a cage-breaker, but when he occasionally fails that leap, he's gonna get it just as hard as my sacrifice-blitzer!
As an alternative for putting up a blitzer as fodder (he's 100k after all) I was thinking of putting him in a role of deep defence. Maybe pick up a few skills like tackle, strip ball, diving tackle... Of course, the first doesn't exclude the other, and ever since he was appointed the task of guarding rat ogres and the like, he seems impervious to damage!