How did I do?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Toonami
Rookie
Rookie

How did I do?

Post by Toonami »

Hi all, we've just been finished the 2nd season at the GKBBL - Game Knight Blood Bowl League in Derby.
Having finished up I would like some constructive criticism of my team/skill selection (list below).

Things to know..
I picked up the AV down and the MA downs in the penultimate match and last season respectively. So I lived with the MA downs and kept the Blitzer on the books just so he could make it to retirement (forced redraft incoming for new season).

I gave up a +MA on the non-AG5 sacker GR.

In the last season a big Chaos was laying waste to the bashers in the league leaving me 2nd in TV to him so I leaned into it.. typically running with 16 until I dropped a guy for star players in the last games.

What do you guys and gals think? Did I do good or is there a bundle o waste there?

1 Blitzer 6 3 3 7 Block, Mighty Blow, Guard, Stand Firm, Frenzy, Dauntless
2 Blitzer 6 3 3 8 Block, Mighty Blow, Guard, Tackle, Dauntless, Stand Firm
3 Gutter 10 2 4 7 Dodge, Block, +MA , Sprint, Two Heads, Sure Feet
4 Gutter 9 2 4 7 Dodge, Block, Big Hand, Side Step, Two Heads, Sprint, Niggle
5 Gutter 9 2 5 7 Dodge, +AG , Wrestle, Leap, Dauntless, Tackle
6 Gutter 9 2 4 7 Dodge, Wrestle, Strip Ball, Tackle, Leap, Dauntless
7 Thrower 7 3 3 7 Pass, Sure Hands
8 Thrower 7 3 3 7 Pass, Sure Hands, Accurate, Block, Extra Arms, Hail Mary Pass, Dodge
9 Lineman 7 3 3 7 Wrestle
10 Lineman 7 3 3 7 Kick, Wrestle
11 Lineman 7 3 3 7
12 Lineman 7 3 3 7 Guard, Niggle
13 Lineman 7 3 3 7
14 Lineman 7 3 3 7 Wrestle
15 Lineman 7 3 3 7 Dirty Player

Reason: ''
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: How did I do?

Post by mattgslater »

I suppose I could mildly criticize your later Blitzer skill picks (I really don't like Guard or Stand Firm on Skaven Blitzers, though Stand Firm at least can stop a surf if your Frenzy guy ends up on the sideline), but your selections are fine. Big Hand seems a little weak, but I can see it: more surgical Skaven styles are often able to pop the ball but not get it into the open. Still, I'm just so in love with Two Heads as a Gutter skill, you know?

Not sure how you built that squad up to that level, though. Are your opponents going soft on you?

Bummer about the niggle on the Guard. I understand that in 2016 rules you can try to erase the niggle between seasons, but if that fails, I don't think 7337 Guard niggle is a good profile at all: you're paying 30k over rookie value for an assist that you'll get to use once or twice, you know?

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

That actually looks like a very good team.
It's difficult to judge all the choices without some more information on what type of league this is. At least it seems that you got many games in, to have so many SPP on your players.

I don't know how many TRR's you had on the team but I believe for any team TV management is key, especially now the new inducements allow for beter mileage out of TV difference.

My constructive criticism:
I would have preferred to have tackle immediately after MB on one of the Stormvermin, as most catcher types lack any real armour and MB is sweet vs AV7. Unless your league is more heavy on bash, that guard is indeed the best pick, to not get overpowered immediately.

I would have picked Strip Ball on the AG 5 leaping GR, unless of course you face only Sure-Hands teams that cage up around that ball carrier. But typically having strip ball early is what makes dash teams shine early. Sure, it's 1/2dB but with wrestle, you only need to avoid the skull result to pop the ball. So this is perfect for a safety type of GR.

I don't like that many skills on the thrower, it seems like they have little use. In the end you did score that Dodge on the double. It might have been more efficient to cycle the throwers around faster.

About numbers: 16 seems an awful lot of players. Did you always needed this many? If you are down in TV, one less linerat allows for that Bloodweiser babe that can help to bring back your positionals on the pitch. I do think that 2-3 reserves are a minimum on non AG4 AV7 teams.

All-in-all you seemed to have kept your GR's out of harms way pretty good with the One-turner and AG5 ball-hack unscathed.
Aren't there many DP's in the league or is Piling on so much missed on the bash teams? It was brutal vs AV 7 of course.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

@ El-Jairo, I play in the NBFL on FUMBBL. My Denvork Bronkorks are at 40 Cas inflicted in 6 games this season. If you're in my division and you don't have a plan to get to 16 menz against me (could be 14 rostered + 2 stars, but all Skaven stars have problems that manifest themselves at high TV), with at least one Wandering Apothecary, you're seriously tempting fate. And if you don't add in two Babes/Kegs, you're really playing for next week. (Mind you, the OP's Skaven team would never have developed in the NBFL; even with the NCBB draft and the "free agency" rules giving rookies 6 free SPP in the offseason, the attrition rate is just insane.) So 16 men is okay, if he's still a consistent 'dog.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.