Skaven coach looking for your input after a 9 year BB hiatus

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Tante Kaethe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Skaven coach looking for your input after a 9 year BB hi

Post by Tante Kaethe »

Thanks guys :D . So, Wrestle it is and he'll have to do line duty :smoking: ...

@Matt: As far as I know, we use the current rules including clarifications (so I assume this means Inducements work the same as under CRP, e.g. Petty Cash counts into TV). So, no "topping up".

I'm still a bit torn between a 4th reroll or 6th Linerat :-? . 14 players + apothecary seems a little excessive and I would have liked one more reroll in some of the previous games...

Well, luxury problems :roll: :lol: .

wrt your league - well done for bringing new players to the game and trying not to frustrate them :D . I used to be a quite decent coach but nothing special, I never had the time to play that much (always TT, never online). I'm still quite rusty but it's a bit like riding a bike - you don't forget completely how it works :D .

Cheers
Tante Käthe

Reason: ''
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

14 players does mean you can foul....

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

If you did go Underworld you could save your skaven at the risk of the goblins....

However, I have this theorybowl list of possible skills Underworld gobbos might take to help:

1-3 Goblins take sidestep (wrestle on doubles)
4 Diving Tackle, Prehensile Tail
5 Claw, Horns (MiB on doubles)
6 Claw, 2 Heads (MiB on doubles)
7 2 Heads, Horns
8 Big Hand, Extra Arms
9 Diving Catch, Extra Arms
10 Sprint/Sure Feet (If +Ma/+Ag on first skill)

Except for 1-3, I feel the rest are "build as you need them"

Ofc Matt says his gobbs never live long enough to skill.... :P

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Tante Kaethe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tante Kaethe »

Talking of Underworld, after thoroughly beating a Nurgle team, I just got me my a*se handed by a massive underdog Underworld team, with Glart Jr., Kreek Rustgouger and a bribe :cry: ...

Lost with 2:1 and 6:3 CAS against, 5 players down at turn 2 (including a permanently dead Din Weasel, the ST4 Linerat :blue: ) and 3 left on the pitch at half time.

Kreek was a terror, doing 2 CAS and a couple of KOs in the first half - MA 5 and Mighty Blow is a killer-combo for a ball&chain player :o .

The KOs decided to all stay in the dugout (failed 6 KO rolls in a row) and to my shame I even briefly considered to concede :-?. But I decided to man up and even scored an equalizer with a handful of rats and then had a (lucky) shot at stopinng the 2:1. Which I missed :wink:

In the end I got lucky with only one dead and no permanent injuries I guess. It also helped that his bribe didn't work and the Claw Troll was CASed by a thrown rock :smoking: ...

Anyhow, here's the team and I need your wisdom:

Blitzer +AG (7 SPP)
Blitzer +Tackle (11 SPP)
Gutter Runner + Guard (6 SPP)
Gutter Runner +Block +Horns rolled +Skill (31 SPP) - considering Strip Ball
Gutter Runner +Block +Side Step (25 SPP)
Gutter Runner +Two Heads (15 SPP)
Thrower +MA (6 SPP)
Linerat +Kick (9 SPP)
Linerat + Wrestle (7 SPP)
Rat Ogre +Block rolled 6+4 (18 SPP) - ???
3 Linerats no skills
4 Rerolls
56Fan Factor
Apothecary
20.000 in the bank

For the Block&Horns GR: Strip Ball? Or another Tackle?
For the Rat Ogre: Take MA or AV or maybe Stand Firm? I'm sympathizing with +AV to protect my Block RO, never really missed any extra MA... Stand Firm would make playing the sidelines safer...

Cheers
Tante Käthe

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Tackle or Strip, and +AV.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Tante Kaethe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tante Kaethe »

mattgslater wrote:Tackle or Strip, and +AV.
Thanks Matt :D ! +AV it is, still a bit undecided about the GR... I'm also pondering Side Step because it can be so very effective too 8) ...