How do you combat a 4 strong Chaos Warrior LOS?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

How do you combat a 4 strong Chaos Warrior LOS?

Post by LJCA »

Mentioned in a few posts that ive gone with Chorfs for RBBL3 this season, I kind of know what im doing with them tactics wise offensively and defensively, however...

2 teams im going to be up against are Chaos and Nurgle. both these rosters include their respective Chaos Warriors, 4 of them! as well as the Mino and Beast.

I know both coaches will set up their LOS with 4 Warriors (I did when I had 4 Black Orcs) so my main question is, how do I combat that with Chorfs?

The Chaos team will be massively in front of me in terms of TV as hes used DZ2 to full effect, raking in over 100k a match at least.

I expect to be closer in TV to the Nurgle team but still behind.

My roster includes 6 Chorfs 2 Bulls and Hobbos obvs, will probably have the Mino by then too.

I know its hard to give specifics without knowing the full rosters (SPP and TV) but any helpful hints or tips would be massively appreciated.

Cheers!

Reason: ''
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Re: How do you combat a 4 strong Chaos Warrior LOS?

Post by Jip »

Really tough to give ideas without specifics. Once you put skills in the mix, Guard on the Dwarfs, Block on the Warriors etc., it becomes a completely different situation.

Example: A two-die uphill block, with Block (as in, a Chaos Dwarf blocking an unskilled Chaos Warrior) actually works out better for you, percentage wise (think it's about 75% success). You will have experienced that with your Black Orcs though.

Once your Chaos Dwarfs start getting Mighty Blow, Guard, Claw etc., you're even better off.

With no rosters or ideas of what you/they have, the rest is just conjecture. Have faith in Block and AV9, I guess!

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Probably should have just done this in the first place... my bad :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

My Chorfs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Nurgle

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Jip wrote:Really tough to give ideas without specifics. Once you put skills in the mix, Guard on the Dwarfs, Block on the Warriors etc., it becomes a completely different situation.
My bad... haha

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

LJCA wrote: The Chaos team will be massively in front of me in terms of TV as hes used DZ2 to full effect, raking in over 100k a match at least.
I'm curious about this comment. I've not read DZ2 but what in there lets a team earn that much a match?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

That makes it easier to see what's what - doesn't look good for you though! :lol:

A Bombardier Beastman looks fun!

What will make the difference is inducements then. I'd go down that route of asking for advice. Things like the Wizard (if your league allows him), Star Players, Induced Mercenaries and Special Play cards are what you need to be thinking about, doesn't look like a fun couple of fixtures though. :-?

Maybe a couple of Dirty Player Hobgoblins might even the odds a little, you'll certainly have a lot of Inducements to play with - that Chaos team is almost double your team's TV!

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

lunchmoney wrote:
LJCA wrote: The Chaos team will be massively in front of me in terms of TV as hes used DZ2 to full effect, raking in over 100k a match at least.
I'm curious about this comment. I've not read DZ2 but what in there lets a team earn that much a match?
I'm sure there are more examples but a quick flick through my copy shows one of the stadiums (Rough & Ready Stadium) has an attribute (Desperate for Exposure) that gives each team an additional D6x10,000 gold pieces in winnings.

I'd rather have a Bombardier Beastman though!

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

[/quote]
I'm curious about this comment. I've not read DZ2 but what in there lets a team earn that much a match?[/quote]

DZ2 allows you the option of rolling for sponsorships after each game, ongoing = extra D3 / One-time = extra D6. Plus certain special stadiums give you extra D6 p/game too. Obviously its all about dice rolls to gain extra revenue through sponsorships / stadiums etc, though the more successful you are in a match (TDs/CASs etc) the easier it is to hit the criteria for these extras.

The Chaos coach has done nothing wrong, hes played by the DZ2 book (as the league wanted it for this season) hes just done VERY well out of it. DZ2 can be very unbalancing for a league imo, but hey we'll give it a go.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Jip wrote:That makes it easier to see what's what - doesn't look good for you though! :lol:

A Bombardier Beastman looks fun!

What will make the difference is inducements then. I'd go down that route of asking for advice. Things like the Wizard (if your league allows him), Star Players, Induced Mercenaries and Special Play cards are what you need to be thinking about, doesn't look like a fun couple of fixtures though. :-?

Maybe a couple of Dirty Player Hobgoblins might even the odds a little, you'll certainly have a lot of Inducements to play with - that Chaos team is almost double your team's TV!
Ive a good few games to play before I go up against these teams, they've both played over 7 games I think where ive only played once so far, ive two games this weekend against two rookie Skaven coaches, im hoping for a good couple of results and to increase my SPP somewhat.

We allow Horatio X from DZ2 (wizard) but no others, plus all the inducements from the 2016 version, so yeah ill be looking at some star players for sure haha.

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Are you saying the standard tactic is to put 4 players on the LOS on defence because they are ST4? That isn't very wise. I like to play in a way where I limit the amount of hits I take and putting 4 expensive ST4 players on the line for a free hit isn't good tactically IMO. Maybe against some elven teams ok...but games where teams will want to engage....no.

For me. The chaos team is going to be hard. However if you have a few games to get to them; skilling CDs would really help. It's hard, but if you can do it, it will make a big difference. Guard on a couple will make him regret putting 4 on the LOS. Also make sure to make him regret taking pass on a beastman double...........ouch.

So on offence, place your player next to the ball. Move your players so they are secure in position. Then hit that 4 man LOS. Even if it means taking a 1 die at some point. With the block and a reroll you'd be unlucky to not get through it. If that goes well you have 4 Warriors on the floor (or better) and 2 CDs tying them up for a while.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

harvestmouse wrote:Are you saying the standard tactic is to put 4 players on the LOS on defence because they are ST4? That isn't very wise. I like to play in a way where I limit the amount of hits I take and putting 4 expensive ST4 players on the line for a free hit isn't good tactically IMO. Maybe against some elven teams ok...but games where teams will want to engage....no.
Im not saying its a 'standard' tactic, but I know these players and the general consensus is having 4 - ST4-AV9-BLOCK players on the line offensively or defensively can cause major problems to teams that don't have access to that many ST4 players, its hard to combat that... hence why im asking for help :lol:

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

My rule of thumb is 'Is the opposing player going to try and knock them over. If the answer is 'yes'...I wouldn't do it. If you can frenzy trap them by doing it or they have high agility and retreat then yes. So yeah, I'd use that to your advantage and try and get them over. Also I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to get the mino. Horns/Frenzy is something that CDs don't have so.....he is of some use, but extremely unreliable. I think I'd want a couple more hobgobs first.