Dark Elves Take +AG on linemen?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Do I take +AG or something else

YES AG5 is always good even on a line-elf
82%
No Wrestle is more efficient with TV
9%
No Dodge is the better skill for surviving
9%
No what your team needs is more pie, dirty pie!
No votes

Total votes: 34

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Dark Elves Take +AG on linemen?

Post by El_Jairo »

So I have this team which is playing a shortish league of about 13 games. I'm three games in and I get to roll another time +AG but this time on a lineman.
So far I only faced, Chaos Pact, Norse and lizardman. I still have to face: Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Ogres, Chaos Dwarves, Skaven, Undead, Chaos Dwarves, Chaos, Halflings and Lizardman. In that order.

I have to give credit to Jimmy Fantastic to get me doubting on this choice. Normally I would pick up the +AG but it does make getting to Blodge Leap a lot more difficult. The thing is AG5 is really great with leap, but that means another 15 SPP to earn without any defensive skills. So I would opt to just take Wrestle as it is very useful straight away and also later down the line. Easy and boring but effective choices.

Now the fact that I already have an AG5 Blitzer, makes me feel that having a second AG5 piece does create the opportunity to have multiple threats going. These players can recover the ball and/or receive it in a tackle zone and still get away with ease.

So my current preference would be to take AG5 but postpone leap after dodge and then finish with wrestle to create a ball hawk type of player. My logic is this: dodge is super handy for such a high AG player, AG 5 begs for leap and if he still lives he will need to choose between block and Wrestle.

My next buy would be a 3rd TRR because I haven't that many blodgers yet so I will need it on dodge. Also with the AG boosts I can more effectively make more risky plays, so the extra TRR will be more useful than a 12 player for now me thinks.

I would love to hear your experiences with AG boost on elf lineman.

Reason: ''
gjnoronh
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Dark Elves Take +AG on linemen?

Post by gjnoronh »

No experience but like everyone else has voted I think AG5 is hard to turn down on an early team. Yes could make him a ballhawk but is already an extra scoring threat as well.

Mahwell skel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mahwell skel »

El_Jairo wrote:These players can recover the ball and/or receive it in a tackle zone and still get away with ease.
That's why I would take him hang back and grab the ball and throw it away out of a TZ if necessary. Next skills might be more difficult to choose. Wrackle as a dedicated sweeper would be my aim.

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Since you already have that AG5 blitzer I would skip the AG on the lineelf then.

W

Fighting signature size creep ;)
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

More cheese for the cheese gods....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

It's probably good, but every time I took +AG on a lineman, they seem to die quickly.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

El_Jairo - this is late, but here goes.

My experience with Lino development on DE (and other Elven) teams is:

- They desperately need Wrestle (or Block).

- All forms of stat increase should be declined (except the rare +ST).

- Against well tooled-up bash teams, you will need a lot of "normal" Linos to assume the position on the defensive LoS. Wrestle (or Block) is much better for this than +AG. If you take +AG, you will face the nasty choice between putting this guy or a positional player on the LoS.

- Lastly, DEs are perhaps the most expensive league team in BB. TV efficiency matters to them more than most.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Short league? Skip +AG on a rookie lino if you've already got it on a Blitzer.

Long haul? Take one +AG on a lino at first opportunity (plus anything that lands on Blitzers). Skip additional +AG rolls on linos, except that guy. (AG6 is stupid good for everything but passing.)

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

Thanks for the late responses.
I can confirm them. You really need the line fodder and they need skills to survive.

My Apoth is not helping: the lino's keep getting career ending injuries, faster then I can replace them.

I did take the AG, yet he died and gave it to a Blodge Blitzer.