Short League, first time Undead player

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Pomguo
Rookie
Rookie

Short League, first time Undead player

Post by Pomguo »

As above. 9 games total, one down already (a draw vs Norse).

One Mummy levelled up so I put Guard on him. A Ghoul also levelled up, and rolled double 5s. MA, AV, Guard are all on the table in addition to Block which I would've picked up without hesitation otherwise. Friends in person and people elsewhere online have told me to take the MA. My concern with this is that the only scenario I see the MA8 making a big difference over MA7 is when I'm 10 squares away from the endzone and have a clear path - doesn't seem too common and probably won't come up in the next 8 games. I suppose it makes GFIs running 8 or 9 spaces safer, but if that was it I'd go for Sure Feet. If there are other uses on a team where every other player is too slow to keep up and this player is in desperate need of protection, I guess I'm not seeing them (I'm still new!) and so maybe would waste whatever other advantages MA8 would give me by not using them since I dunno what they are.

Next match is Lizardmen - no level ups. It honestly seems pretty daunting, as someone who has only played Bashy and sees in Lizards are far more successfully bashy team. I guess I should be dodging with the Ghouls (3 of them) but this isn't a strategy I have any experience with.

Any advice on the level up and on my next match?

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Short League, first time Undead player

Post by lunchmoney »

I would ignore that 5+5 on the Ghoul and take Block. You'll get good mileage from it.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Pomguo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Pomguo »

Sad that I didn't get the doubles later in the league! But you're probably right, I should prioritise Block above all else on them for a league this short.

Any advice for the Undead VS Lizardmen matchup?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Pomguo wrote:Any advice for the Undead VS Lizardmen matchup?
Hit the Saurai in the face with your Mummies :)
Tie up the other Saurai with Zombies.
Hit the Skinks with your Block players.
Foul any Skink that ends up prone.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

I'd probably take the movement. +MV on your ball carrier means you have to move your cage/screen one less space across the mid line to be in scoring position, and with those slow mummies it can make a difference.

I'd foul the skinks, but try to get at least one assist (so a 7 will break armor). Remember to keep your wights free of Sauruses so you can hit skins with them.

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

I'd go for the MA, he should get another skill in a few games with a bit of luck.

Against the lizards concentrate on the skinks, try getting 3ds against them with your wights or mummies and always try to put a TZ on them, 3+ dodges fail. If you take them out, he'll struggle to do anything with the ball.

Tie the sauri and krox up with the zombies and the mummies, if you do manage to break their armour then great, but AV9 stands up a lot better than AV7, so don't obsess on it. And remember to foul with the zombies!