Underworld or goblins ala nivellers?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Underworld or goblins ala nivellers?

Post by ugrosh »

Has this question, i know an all goblins is certainly crap. But i'm a crap coach, i brought the underworld pack from GW, mostly because UPS are the only ship that pass the f#ck@ng Argentine custom. im thinking in add the ooligan, and nothing more. Ive been playing underworld in cyanide chaos edition, only won 1 game. There my doubts, because i don't find fun in secret weapon, that also played goblins in Cyanide game. really i won more matches with halflings than goblins.

But how i suck even with good teams and i lose the sense of humor with tier 1 teams, im thinking on this rosters, that seems 1º and 2º edition goblins didn't used secret weapons or trolls, so would be playing an old school style with goblins.

Another question, in which edition trolls and secret weapons were added to goblins rosters, 3rd editions?

PS: in the box of the nivellers i've counted 14 bodys.
PS: if im going to lose, as always, at least with style.

Reason: ''
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Underworld or goblins ala nivellers?

Post by Pedda »

Why don't you then play underworld?

What's better than goblins?
Easy, mutating goblins!

ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

@Pedda good answer.

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

I don't know about other people but as I do not play very competetive, the stunty teams have always been a great source of fun to me.
There is no more cherished Blood Bowl memory than that one of the season where I played Halflings and managed a victory over Orcs and a draw against Chaos.
(Due to very lucky dice rather than actual coaching skills!)

Now that I got myself a decent Goblin team, I really think about playing it with only own goal: To cause as much mayhem as possible on the pitch!
I will not care about touchdowns or casualties, will probably only try to pick up the ball so my opponent can't have it.
I'd play them not for winning but for creating unforgettable matches.

ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

Regash wrote:I don't know about other people but as I do not play very competetive, the stunty teams have always been a great source of fun to me.
There is no more cherished Blood Bowl memory than that one of the season where I played Halflings and managed a victory over Orcs and a draw against Chaos.
(Due to very lucky dice rather than actual coaching skills!)

Now that I got myself a decent Goblin team, I really think about playing it with only own goal: To cause as much mayhem as possible on the pitch!
I will not care about touchdowns or casualties, will probably only try to pick up the ball so my opponent can't have it.
I'd play them not for winning but for creating unforgettable matches.
I'm neither play competitive, in fact when try to play competitive mode im suck. Im better with tier 2 teams than tier 1, where i loose temperament when the things go downhill with tier 1 teams, not tier 2 or 3 teams.

however what i like the new ruleset, is with special play cards, adds the whacky background that is in bit in other ruleset, but lack in RAW, many stale people hate that, another fact ive abandoned a spanish forum where there a lot of whining about the cards and other funny stuff. Ive played alot with cyanide and the LRB 5.0-6.0, crp. but i kinda hate those ruleset.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Well, then you're adressing the wrong person... :orc:
I prefer CRP over the new rules any time and I decided to never use specialplay cards.

The only thing I kind of likeabout the new stuff are the new star playersand thereturn of fluff.
Although I'm a bit concerned about GW spamming new star players now...But only a little bit.

ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

And i respect that, but not the whining, that make me left others forums.