Deathzone dreadnoughts (Ogres, 12 game league)

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Omalley69
Veteran
Veteran

Deathzone dreadnoughts (Ogres, 12 game league)

Post by Omalley69 »

I´m playing a local 12 game league with my highly loved ogres. Its all ogre now!
So far im 1/4/3, with 2 losses being dahm close to wins. :pissed:
...But its never ogre!

I feel quite Ogrewhelmed as ive just rolled my 3th dobble after a 2-1 loss to some lucky high teamvalue, but less experianced, chaos dwarfs. The worst part is that i had grak and crumblebroken induced and he just killed them within the 3 first turns and grak did my only cas :O Im feeling a bit titchy, but lets throw that feeling away!

My roster at the moment:

Ogre ag 1 Block, double skill
Ogre Sure hands, Break tackle (27 ssp)
Ogre Breack tackle, Guard
Ogre Break tackle
Ogre
Ogre av 8

Snot Sure feet
7 Snots

2 rerolls, 2 fan factor

The block ogre usually gets the job to tip over the opposing big guy so i dont feel that much for tackle. Whould be nice to have guard on him, but i cant see myself turning down a dobble skill. What do you guys think? pro to minimize boneheading and rerolling thouse 2 dice blocks? I dont feel that strongly about taking dodge. Sure he wont go down that easy but i need him to pund "reliably".

And what about the sure hands breack tackle guy? if he rolls a normal skill, then take guard to more easily tip over guys in his way?

Im in no way fan of juggernaut as it vary so much who i blitz with and therefor find the skill very sheldom used.

Reason: ''
When life knocks you down, fouling is emminent!

Dont feel titchy, throw that feeling away!

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Deathzone dreadnoughts (Ogres, 12 game league)

Post by CyberedElf »

Pro is usually an obvious choice, but on that team ogres don't have Loner.
I actually think Frenzy would be good. Maximize the use of Block.
Dodge is another good choice.
If you ever *wanted* Leader on an Ogre team, that would be the best you could get.
I think Diving Tackle is underrated for bashy players, but I probably wouldn't take it here.

Omalley69
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Omalley69 »

Sounds like frenzy =)

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Optimus Prime »

ag1 block Ogre i would take tackle helps with the blodgers

if you get a double on an ogre take pass and build some catching snots i kid you not... pick up the ball hand it off to a catch snot and throw him down field.

The pass gives you the reroll on the throw and you should have a reroll for the landing thats a 75% chance to land and score if you place your ogre infront of the snotling on the line of scrummage to get the extra square, you do this and he lands its almost always a TD gets ya snots skilled up to help the ogres out and keeps the ogres in on blocks, so you maximize the blocking potential of the ogres while you get the snots into position

Hope this helps

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

I'd really consider Tackle. Ogre teams never have Tackle but you need it so much.

Otherwise Dodge, which will come in super handy when he gets Break Tackle. Shame about the -AG though.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

Frenzy or Tackle. I think someone crunched the numbers and found that frenzy had about the same odds of taking down a dodger, but obviously gives you the second block against everyone (but doesn't stop dodgers using dodge) so is probably the better choice.

The Sure Hands guy is your ball carrier so guard is probably the best choice for him as it will help you to clear off any tackle zones from him (although with BT, you may not need it quite so much). Strong Arm is another option for him to help with tossing the Snots and possibly even the ball if you get desperate.

Omalley69
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Omalley69 »

Hi

I went with frenzy on the block ag 1 guy. He has done okay. Not that impressed.

The sure hands guy rolled +mv all though ive generally used snots as carriers.
I played against chaos dwarfs for the 5 final games so had to speed stuff up before getting my back field full of bullcents.
Having snots handoff´ing to each other and then run for the ogre cage works all right and you constantly treaten with OTT.
I beat a very well deleloped orc team in the playoffs and lost 2-1 to a woodelf team with s4 wardancers (one had ag5)
The woodelf team got +str on the thrower and has been redrafted and are now terrorizing this seson.
I ended up creating a khemri team for this season and miss my ogres alot.
Oh god khemri is a struggle! Even if you get dodge on both throw ras. (one is allready dead)