Beginners' team: the opponent!

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

JaM
Legend
Legend

Beginners' team: the opponent!

Post by JaM »

Hi all,

Recently there have been a few new members in our small league.
I am not looking for 'easy teams' for them, but for teams they can play against and have a taste of the game.

First game I used Humans, opponent used Orcs. Just the 2-2-2 roster, worked fine.

He'll probably start with a normal Orc team now, 4 BOBs, 4 blitzers, thrower, 3 RRs and 2 lineorcs.

I am thinking of either using the 'all hobgoblin' team + mino against him, or (miniwise far easier for me) an all linerat skaventeam (with ratogre).
Since I already have a skaventeam in the league, I'm not too thrilled about another one though. The hobgobteam has the advantage that, IF I ever get some skills and some money, I could add a dwarf or 2-3 and make them worthy opponents...

The league is quite friendly and laid back, other teams are Khemri, Orcs, Undead. So it is a bit bashy. :) I have a Human team, Skaven and Goblins (in the league). I also have an Orc team without BOBs or a troll, but with 4 goblins. Fun as well.

I would like to make the game as 'easy' as possible, with that I mean that I'd rather not have too many 'strange' skills (stunty, TTM, foul appearance, bloodlust,...) for now.

So: all hobgob + mino (13 hobgobs, 1 mino, 1 apo, 4 RRs) or all linerats + ROgre (11 linerats, 1 ROgre, 1 apo, 4 RRS)?

Other suggestions, either roster/teamwise? I do intend to play at least 2-3 games with the team.

What would you rather have played against if you wanted to learn the game? I'd rather have him keep track of his own players (who has what), mine should be 'easy' to see what it is. Hence the all linemen team. For the love of the game! :D http://www.zlurpeebowl.com/ZBXIIRules.pdf

Reason: ''
Vinz D.
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Beginners' team: the opponent!

Post by Vinz D. »

If I'd been given the choice between the two, it would be a choice between the Linerats having the advantage over the Hobgoblins (+1MA), whereas the Mino has Horns and the Rat Ogre has Prehensile Tail. Opposing you, I'd go for the Chaos Dwarf roster then.

Reason: ''
"Goblin aficionado and collector of Wooden Spoons"