Passing ogre rolls 3rd double

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Passing ogre rolls 3rd double

Post by Optimus Prime »

Hey guy I have a passing ogre mostly for snot throwing that has Nerves of steel and pass he just rolled a 3rd double I don,t know what to give him as its a real hard one, do I continue to give him passing skills like accurate or do I take block or pro, dodge, tackle, or jump up its a real problem deciding on what to do, he's a real 1turn td threat as he has 3 mv6 snots as options to throw...

Reason: ''
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Passing ogre rolls 3rd double

Post by Itchen Masack »

Accurate for me considering the skills already taken. Then he's only fumbling snots on a 1 rather than a 1 or 2?

Edit: actually maybe Pro. To reduce the chances of Bonehead. The guy can always take Strong Arm next skill? Depends how long you can stomach the team for I guess!

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

That's a tough one. I'd lean towards Pro, I think. If you're going for a 1-turn with that guy, something to help mitigate Bone-head would be really valuable. Accurate and Block would both be good options, too.

stashman

Post by stashman »

Accurate - and then Strong Arm for passing both ball and snots.

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Optimus Prime »

Thanks guys I took accurate to make the passes really fly or is that the snots

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

stashman wrote:Accurate - and then Strong Arm for passing both ball and snots.
Maybe I'm missing something, but as the Ogre already has Nerves of Steel, wont having both of these be a bit of a waste? With one of them he would already get a snot in the air on a 2+, and only the effects of weather or Nurgle stench could make that worse?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

It would help with the rare event of passing the ball.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Shushnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shushnik »

lunchmoney wrote:It would help with the rare event of passing the ball.
Block is more useful for the passing game, just to keep him on his feet.

I think pro was the best choice. Accurate is, like, fourth in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong and he's the next brick farth. Good luck.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Block may be 'best', but it's not best.

Ogre aerial play is an essential part of the future of Bloodbowl!

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

nazgob wrote:Block may be 'best', but it's not best.

Passblock then ;)

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Shushnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shushnik »

nazgob wrote:Block may be 'best', but it's not best.

I didn't say it was the best. I said pro was best. Block is just better than accurate if he already has nerves of steel and easy access to strong arm. Sure hands is right behind pro for ball passing, IMHO.

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Optimus Prime »

Itchen Masack wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but as the Ogre already has Nerves of Steel, wont having both of these be a bit of a waste? With one of them he would already get a snot in the air on a 2+, and only the effects of weather or Nurgle stench could make that worse?
After much thought and deliberation I took accurate for this reason... First off I built this ogre to throw with minimum risk to help score... And to throw the snots where I need them. The team is almost at 2300 tv so here is my logic... Block which would be very handy is kinda wasted at that level, everyone has it and it's not gonna get me much on the cas front except keep me on my feet... With accurate, I get to throw snots at a 2+ with a reroll, it's pretty good odds... On top of that if the kick is deep, I can always get the ogre to throw the ball for extra spps as he has skilled up very slowly...it is more for the snot throwing as you get nothing for it... But for that kick that's down the back, it helps get the extra spp to help get to level 5...pro might have been a good choice too but been dealing with BH since he's had pass so I though I would just roll with it, as we are not loners...

Yes we could have got strong arm later but I wanted to make a decent thrower for the ogre team, and I believe accurate is the best choice to do this... There were so many options... Then again I don,t see ogre coaches taking pass these days to help do what they do better.

In fact I have never seen any ogre coach in my thousands of games ever take pass as a first double skill... And 39 tds around 3snots is nothing to be sniffed at..

I could have taken dodge tackle jump up sure hands pro or block... To be honest all this team needs is an agility 4 or 5 snot and then it's a 2 or 3plus roll to land and to me those are good odds...

It took me a week to decide on what to take I am confident I have made the right choice...

Man sounds like a press conference...

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

What a waste of doubles. A block, dodge, sure hands ogre who received breack takle as 4th skill almost one me an online league. A double one on a GFI took my title.

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Optimus Prime »

Magictobe wrote:What a waste of doubles. A block, dodge, sure hands ogre who received breack takle as 4th skill almost one me an online league. A double one on a GFI took my title.
Still room to get one of those Ogres as you have 5 more to skill up at that point.. i did have a ag3 block dodge BT ogre with Guard but he died, however having an Ogre with these passing skills i actually have a higher win rate vs the one that had the ag 3 blodger in the team.. it was nice to have him but man did he attract wizards and all kinds of nasty claw stuff... unlucky that you almost won a league with them...
that is a nice ogre to have but with ag2 i rather have an ag3 Ogre or have a block tackle pro ogre at that point to deal damage

Haize
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Haize »

Optimus Prime wrote:
Itchen Masack wrote:
After much thought and deliberation I took accurate for this reason... First off I built this ogre to throw with minimum risk to help score... And to throw the snots where I need them. The team is almost at 2300 tv so here is my logic... Block which would be very handy is kinda wasted at that level, everyone has it and it's not gonna get me much on the cas front except keep me on my feet... With accurate, I get to throw snots at a 2+ with a reroll, it's pretty good odds... On top of that if the kick is deep, I can always get the ogre to throw the ball for extra spps as he has skilled up very slowly...it is more for the snot throwing as you get nothing for it... But for that kick that's down the back, it helps get the extra spp to help get to level 5...pro might have been a good choice too but been dealing with BH since he's had pass so I though I would just roll with it, as we are not loners...

Yes we could have got strong arm later but I wanted to make a decent thrower for the ogre team, and I believe accurate is the best choice to do this... There were so many options... Then again I don,t see ogre coaches taking pass these days to help do what they do better.

In fact I have never seen any ogre coach in my thousands of games ever take pass as a first double skill... And 39 tds around 3snots is nothing to be sniffed at..

I could have taken dodge tackle jump up sure hands pro or block... To be honest all this team needs is an agility 4 or 5 snot and then it's a 2 or 3plus roll to land and to me those are good odds...

It took me a week to decide on what to take I am confident I have made the right choice...

Man sounds like a press conference...
How is that a waste? It's a "snot launcher" build of course the idea for that particular ogre is to master the throwing game. A perfect snot launcher means more points in turn more wins!