Dark Elf Blitzer Progression

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Hi folks,

I have a Dark Elf blitzer role question I'd like to open up:

I have two that I could build into a higher armoured Wardancer type player-

1. 8 3 4 8 Block/MA+ currently on 9 SPP
2. 7 3 5 8 Block/Dodge/AG+ currently on 27 SPP

Which one do I put down the Wardancer route and give Leap for a cage breaker role.

And what route would the other one be best put down?

Thanks in advance

Reason: ''
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Dark Elf Blitzer Progression

Post by rolo »

Your MA 8 Blitzer is probably the best ball carrier on your team. Give him Dodge next, and see where it goes.

I'm not a huge fan of Leap on Dark Elves, even for cage breaking I'd consider Sidestep before anything else except Dodge. I know it's tempting with AG5 though. But with Sidestep, AG5, and Dodge, he doesn't have much trouble going wherever he likes anyway.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Why wouldn't you be a fan of Leap on any elf team? It causes absolute mayhem, even when it's not being used.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

It also causes turnovers and wastes rerolls. The leap-one die sack is a phenomenal play when it works, but in a league it becomes less and less useful as your opponents ball carriers tend to get more and more reliable. Leap on offense is phenomenal but makes you rely a lot on one player.

Leap does have its uses but I just like other skills better. I've seen people afraid to block a well-positioned sidestepper; I think it affects the opponent's thinking at least as much as Leap.

Get Leap if you like that style better.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

leap on ag+ is great

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

I've never heard of Wardancers becoming useless. Is there a better way of spilling the ball with elves? I don't think so, I can't think of one anyway.

Leap is so potent, you don't have to use it and it's scary. Plus on an AG5...... Built with +AG, strip ball and tackle, it would scare me, that's for sure.

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Leap on Ag5 any time!

And for Ma8 hope for your next 10 on the skill roll and start one-turning :)

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
BigGrudge
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BigGrudge »

Go with Leap on ag5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Cheers folks,

That kinda settles it, the AG5 is going down the cage-breaker route when I get the next opportunity.

I'm inclined to build the MA8 blitzer into a ball carrier in this case too, what would be the next skill to go for after dodge in his case: side step, catch?

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Sure Hands.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

mattgslater wrote:Sure Hands.
That only works when picking up the ball. I'm more likely to pick up the ball with my runner and hand off or pass to the MA8 guy.

I suppose it would work if he was floating near a cage I'd broken with picking up a spilled ball.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

fromherashes wrote:
That only works when picking up the ball. I'm more likely to pick up the ball with my runner and hand off or pass to the MA8 guy.
Why?
Just pick up with the M8 blitzer. Job done

Sure hands also protects against strip ball

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Pedda wrote:
fromherashes wrote:
Why?
Just pick up with the M8 blitzer. Job done

Sure hands also protects against strip ball
It very much depends on where the ball is on the pitch. If it's in the other players half I'd be hunting it down with the MA8 guy, if it's in my half I want to be able to switch the ball and move further surely?

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Side Step. Good for everything . also against strip ball in a way

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

I have to agree with the boring staple skills.
On MA 8 sure hands or side step. Both are great. Side step does make OTT a little easier and as said side step is great for defence. Dark Elves are naturally the best Elves at defending, so if you just spam blodge SS and watch any cage move to a stand still.
Blood Bowl is all about positioning, so SS is pretty broken if applied right. And your armor holds long enough ;-)

On the AG5 guy, same deal. With SS there might not be a need to leap in a cage when you can simply step into the offensive line.
After all SS does also help to make your players live longer.

I am one of the goofy coaches who likes to run the ball with the runner as it frees up all 4 blitzers to work up front. They are the best players on the roster and hiding them away isn't my style.
Since Elves do get injured all the time. It's a good idea to have some redundancy on the team.