Nurgle Set Up

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Nurgle Set Up

Post by bizzydog217 »

I have a question in regards to Nurgle. I have played a few games to some pretty solid success so far. I have filled out my roster and now have all 4 Warriors, Pestigors, the Beast and several Rotters. I know when you field all of the positional you end up with only 2 Rotters taking the pitch. On defense, the one who will eventually learn Kick and the one of mine who has guard. On offense the guard one and whoever develops next.

The question I have involves the set up and LOS. On offense, I usually dictate my behavior on how they set up. Sometimes the line gets stacked in hopes I inflict some injuries other times I put less. I know offense strategy has the Warriors as posts to the Pestigor cage. On defense however I place three loser rotters on the line and then set up the rest to maneuver and move wherever they need to go, preserving my more valued players. So now with all of my positionals who goes on the LOS on defense? Do I use more warriors and the beast on the line or just throw in a pestigor...? Does anyone know of a guide I can review or does anyone with experience have a suggestion?

https://fumbbl.com/p/FUMBBL.php?page=te ... %20Retired

That is my team roster if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Reason: ''
adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Nurgle Set Up

Post by adhansa »

JUst because you can, doesn't mean you should field all positionals. I would consider benching one or two pestigors on defense depending on the opposition. If even considering FA you think the opponent will likely hit the LOS hard i will setup 3 rookie-rotters there. Otherwise 2 warrirors and the beast and then you can field all your positionals. But with 3 rotters on LOS you should bench one pestigor, maybe even a second to field the guard-rotter. I would use a 3-5-3 setup with a protected central beast if i suspected that the opponent would be reluctant to rush or advance along a flank, if on the other hand i guessed that was the plan i would setup some kind of ziggurat.

bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

Good advice. I tried it to some success.

New question:

My block Pestigor skilled up - Normal Skill

Rookie Pestigor skilled up - 6 & 4

Do I take the MA up on the rookie and extra arms on the blocker? or is there something better?

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I'd take the MA and make that guy the carrier.

Would take MB on the Block guy, to get menz out.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

Ok I took the Move+ and MB. So far to good success.

My final Warrior skilled up rolling a 6 & 4. Does he take a Move, Armor, or block?

Team right now looks like this:

Warrior - 6&4
Warrior - Block
Warrior - Block
Warrior - Block +1 ST
Pestigor - Block/MB
Pestigor - MA+
Pestigor - Block
Pestigor -
Rotter - Block
Rotter - Guard
Rotter -
Rotter -
Beast - Block

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

bizzydog217 wrote: My final Warrior skilled up rolling a 6 & 4. Does he take a Move, Armor, or block?
there is a nice "meme" about this case :lol:
+Mv is great on Warriors, but they definitly need first block

i would go for block, even if you might regret the +Mv after some dozens of games, as this team is on fumbbl, and farming pixels is important on fumbbl :)

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Block first, except on 12. There are more than 6 good skills on normals for a Warrior, you'll never regret missing the MA.

Edit: Originally I said "Block first, except on 11+." I was thinking Chaos Warriors. Turn down +AG on Nurgle Warriors. Block first except on +ST.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

My thoughts as well. Having all 4 warriors, and the beast with block is going to be huge. My pestigors I'm going to try and specialize some, the MV7 one will be a dedicated ball carrier getting sure hands and extra arms unless he gets a double or another stat increase. Block/MB is going to become a murderer. The skill-less one will end up being the ball hunter getting wrestle and other associated skills, and the final blocker will be built as needed.

bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

Next skill query!

Beast of Nurgle with Block skilled up and got a normal roll. My personal choice options are stand firm, break tackle, and guard.

FUMBBL league so I could be playing against anyone no knowing if they will try to sacrifice a player to him or hit him. On defense I put him off the LOS in a line with the 4 warriors. On offense I usually put him on the line to target and hit someone. What is the best option for the Beast? Check the link in the earlier post to see the team as is now if you want.

Thanks again guys!

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Guard or Stand Firm, then the other one.