Simyin/Apes Team Guide

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Shushnik
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Simyin/Apes Team

Post by Shushnik »

pauli42 wrote:*update*

First match against a rooki human team (3x Blitzer with guard) was tough but went very well. I was very lucky that my armor safes my apes alot and with 5x ST4+ plus grab and some patience i checked the human ball carrier twice in the first half. Second half i lost some apes (norse syndrome) but i scored fast to get some apes back from the KO-box to play a last solid defence. So i won 3-0 (1-0) and nuffle was very well-disposed..my first level-up roll for a lineape was a 6+6 :D and i got enough gold to buy another line ape.

Next game is against a Underworld Team....
How come you got three doubles skills and he got three normals?

Reason: ''
pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Simyin/Apes Team

Post by pauli42 »

Shushnik wrote:
pauli42 wrote:*update*

First match against a rooki human team (3x Blitzer with guard) was tough but went very well. I was very lucky that my armor safes my apes alot and with 5x ST4+ plus grab and some patience i checked the human ball carrier twice in the first half. Second half i lost some apes (norse syndrome) but i scored fast to get some apes back from the KO-box to play a last solid defence. So i won 3-0 (1-0) and nuffle was very well-disposed..my first level-up roll for a lineape was a 6+6 :D and i got enough gold to buy another line ape.

Next game is against a Underworld Team....
How come you got three doubles skills and he got three normals?
A house rule..every new team can spend 90k on skills, but no double skills for big guys and just 1 skill on a player. And so the human coach takes 3x Guard and Block on the Catcher!

pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Simyin/Apes Team Guide

Post by pauli42 »

Shushnik wrote:An alternative ball carrier scheme could be to develop both orangutans as carriers.

Identical skill progerssion of:

Dump-off, nerves of steel, pass, fend, wrestle [dodge, catch]

Might be a lot of skill investment into a running scheme, but I can see it being pretty effective since they're a bit slow but decent at durability. With everybody having extra arms, most everyone becomes at least a tolerable desperation dump-off target.

Just got to thinking about them as a receiver like you said you'd develop one, and frankly they're just too slow for that role. If you really want a true ape passing game, I think a chimp has to be receiving. But dual runners is an idea I kinda wanna try now.
Just remember that dump off and strong arms doesnt work together and Mv5 is too slow for a carrier..i think one with Block and Av8 and one long pass thrower is the better choice.

I'll try to use my new ST4 line ape as my carrier for the next games..maybe (pray to nuffle) he can score three more toughdowns and throw a pass to get block bevor he dies :)

Shushnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shushnik »

pauli42 wrote:
Shushnik wrote:An alternative ball carrier scheme could be to develop both orangutans as carriers.

Identical skill progerssion of:

Dump-off, nerves of steel, pass, fend, wrestle [dodge, catch]

Might be a lot of skill investment into a running scheme, but I can see it being pretty effective since they're a bit slow but decent at durability. With everybody having extra arms, most everyone becomes at least a tolerable desperation dump-off target.

Just got to thinking about them as a receiver like you said you'd develop one, and frankly they're just too slow for that role. If you really want a true ape passing game, I think a chimp has to be receiving. But dual runners is an idea I kinda wanna try now.
Just remember that dump off and strong arms doesnt work together and Mv5 is too slow for a carrier..i think one with Block and Av8 and one long pass thrower is the better choice.

I'll try to use my new ST4 line ape as my carrier for the next games..maybe (pray to nuffle) he can score three more toughdowns and throw a pass to get block bevor he dies :)
5 is slow for a runner, but a slow grinding offense is definitely possible for apes, particularly if you've developed a few killers.

I'm not saying it's necessarily the best offensive strategy. But I think it could be effective.

pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

*update*

Second match against Underworld was a good and little bit lucky 2:1 win. Koko my ST 4 lineape scored both touchdowns and he complets a pass too..so he has 13 spp atm! Just a single touchdown more and he'll get the needed block skill. One of my Gorillas (without block) got a niggling injury and another line apes will miss the next game too. But i get lucky with the mvp roll, a Gorilla with Block got his second one and so its a level up..but i forgot to roll it after the game...With the 80k winning i purchased the second runner, because the next game is againt a Chaos Team and i want the wrestle skill.

Conclusion so far..Apes are fun, strong, mass grab is tricky for any opponent and AV7 without any skill is a high risk play agains nuffle.

pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

*update*

Third match against a chaos team with an outstanding coach was a clean 0:2 defeat. But i managed to reduce the blocks of his Mino (with Claw/Claws, Guard) to a minimum and once i fouled him into the KO-Box *G*. With only 11 apes, i had to play alot short-handed and can't stopp him but it was a great match and my ST4 line ape Koko managed to complete 3 passes and so he leveled up and got his needed block skill. My mvp goes to a gorilla and i took Dodge as his second skill.

Now i have two Block/Dodge gorillas, a ST4 + Block line ape and 2x Runners...looking good so far.

pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

4. Game Review

My match against a Orge Team was interesting and i learned a lot about my apes. It was a 2:1 win and my initial plan to bring the ogers down with my ST4 block apes went very well. My goal was to reduce his blocks to a absolut minimum, so mostly he has only his blitz action left und i was lucky that my apes armor holds. In turn 3 i broke the armor of an orge and he was MNG but his apo saved him. I tried hard to remove some more, by staling some turns but my apes arnt a killer team..so i scored in my turn 8 without any further CAS.
He managed to throw a snotling and this tiny thing scores back in 1-turn. 1:1 first half..

In the second half he failed to pick up the ball with an ogre and i send all my apes to the ball position, marking every ogere, picking up the ball, handover, dodge and sprinting to the endzone. But i got caught by an B.Tackle Ogre but his mates are too slow my apes outrun them and one of my block gorillas scored his first touchdown. 4 turns left he tried anything to score but his team was to slow and i stopped him soon.

After rolling a 6 for my winnings, i bought my first thrower and my runner gets dodge. Btw. ST4 Block/Dodge gorillas are pain in the ass for ogres :-P

Apes are fun and have a lot of potential....

pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

I need some help about the apes roster size.

You’ll find my Team here -> All to nah Unknown Stuntapes
Atm i have 14 apes and i still want to have a second thrower, but 15 apes are a huge team..but with mostly AV7 i need some backup.

So what do you thing is a good team size?

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

I'd say stick with 14 players.
Drop a Lineape for the second thrower. You gain AV 8 and Strong Arm for the 20k (while dropping to MA5 which most of your team has anyway).

In any way you will still be faster than my Ogres :wink:

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Shushnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shushnik »

Once you have dodge on at least half of your gorillas, have your silverback, have your chimps, and have any throrangutans you may or may not want, I fill with bonobos up to 13. I think the 14th is bloat.

Most of the time a bench of two can cover you, and you're semi-elfy so you can be effective on offense with as little as seven or eight apes anyway. The numbers are more critical for defense. So kick away first if possible and cut that roster down.

pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

Shushnik wrote:Once you have dodge on at least half of your gorillas, have your silverback, have your chimps, and have any throrangutans you may or may not want, I fill with bonobos up to 13. I think the 14th is bloat.

Most of the time a bench of two can cover you, and you're semi-elfy so you can be effective on offense with as little as seven or eight apes anyway. The numbers are more critical for defense. So kick away first if possible and cut that roster down.
I looked into the plasmoids guides for other AV7 Teams
- "Amazon:Rumble in the Jungle" guide says that the optimal roster is: All positionals and 14-15 players.
- Norse guide says "up to 15-16 in a bashy league"

Shushnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shushnik »

Amazons have 0 players with more than 7AV. Norse have 3.

Apes potentially have 7.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

pauli42 wrote:
Shushnik wrote:Once you have dodge on at least half of your gorillas, have your silverback, have your chimps, and have any throrangutans you may or may not want, I fill with bonobos up to 13. I think the 14th is bloat.

I looked into the plasmoids guides for other AV7 Teams
- "Amazon:Rumble in the Jungle" guide says that the optimal roster is: All positionals and 14-15 players.
- Norse guide says "up to 15-16 in a bashy league"
the guid for amazon is wrong. optimal roster is not with all positioals, but only blitzers & linewomen...

pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

Shushnik wrote:Amazons have 0 players with more than 7AV. Norse have 3.

Apes potentially have 7.
Absolut right, but all Amazons have at least dodge and the AV7 Norse have block.

But i think you are right and 13-14 Apes are fine!