Simyin/Apes Team Guide

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Simyin/Apes Team Guide

Post by pauli42 »

Thank you for the feedback and i changed the Orangutan Skills, so that Sure Hands is the second skill. Not picking up the ball is far worst then not throwing it.. 8)

Reason: ''
pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

*update*

After some more or less unlucky defeats, i really recommend to start with 3 rerolls. And i change the first gorilla skills - guard for a blocker and MB for a killer helps them to fullfill his primary role.

petitgars
Experienced
Experienced

Post by petitgars »

I try Simyin/Apes in a normal league (with the new coreset of JPV with a dice 3 => lot of undead and orcs).

I try :
- 1 Silverback
- 4 gorillas,
- 2 orangutans
- 4 bonobos
- 2 rerolls
(spam of grab skills, all the av 8+ positionnals. Chimp are cool, but i prefer 2 av8, with access to "leader" skill to begin, and hired chimp later. 2 rerolls only, but it is ok for me).

Try 2 test match (1-1 against humans, win 1-0 against dwarfs)
Loose my first match against undead (0-1, fail the 3+ dodge to go the TD, KO stayed KO, ... :) finish the match with 3 players on the field..
Win the second against chaos dward (1-0)

In my opinion, apes are very good in defense, but easily broken. Very fun, and a bit more resistant than slaan, with the fo4 players.

Silverback : i try guard, maybe break tackle is better
Gorillas : i think i 'll try sidestep, or Mightyblow. I think i won't try guard on them, because av8. I need them, and i don't want my opponent focused on them (that is why i try guard on silverback instead of break tackle, because i need guard). In my opinion, sidestep is cool on a 4fo player to protect him.
Bonobos : block
Orangutans : leader or block. I roll a double => get dodge.
Chimp : THAT is the question : Dodge? Frenzy? Takle? Fend? Jumpup? Only 1, or both?

(In my case, i need a 12 player, and i already loose a bonobo (death), and had to replace a gorilla (-1 av) (2 casualty against undead...:) so i think the second chimp is for latter).

Anyone have ideas for the skills of chimp?

(Sorry for my bad english).

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

chimp : stripball

as first skill (on the first chimp)
then dodge and tackle

on the 2nd chimp, dodge, side step,

petitgars
Experienced
Experienced

Post by petitgars »

Opponent's players 'll have surehands (for the ball carrier, remember, orcs, undead...) => not great fan of stripball on this roster.
Maybe takle, maybe fend.

Thanks for the answer.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Sorry, i forget you said you would have lots of orcs (but, i think orcs are better without thrower, blitzer are better runner but that kind of roster without thrower is not popular indeed, and sure hands is not my first choice for the ghouls but you are right will be play soon against sure hands ghould)