How to start Undead?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Problem with that is the box set doesn't have 10 zombies/skeles and also I don't like losing matchs early, which will happen with only the wight as the ball handler. I can see other teams running rings around you early on, fine if you don't mind losing ;]

Reason: ''
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Grumbledook wrote:Problem with that is the box set doesn't have 10 zombies/skeles and also I don't like losing matchs early, which will happen with only the wight as the ball handler. I can see other teams running rings around you early on, fine if you don't mind losing ;]
That's ok, i hate the bb skeletons anyway (what's this? clothes and armor?!), so I bought a cheap old box of warhammer skelly warriors and had a LOT of fun making cool poses for them and stuff (I made a flip-off skelly, and one holding his head in his hands, and so on), and used all the guys from the BB box as zombies whether they were supposed to be skellies or not. :)

And they can be more competitive than you think in those early games. Especially given what I said about having a little more leeway than most with the fouling...a little psychology on your opponent can help here as well...try to get them into a foul war. You get the better end of that than ANYBODY does with cheap 30k guys with regen, and an extra on the bench. Plus they're all at least st3 with the mummy anchoring the line at St5.

A good coach could make em work, even in the "lean" games. And just remember you have a TON or rerolls, use em for ANYTHING you want! All of the sudden a skelly can catch a pass 75% of the time (4+ with reroll). And just remember after 3 or 4 games you'll be smokin everybody because you'll still have the 6rr AND a decent roster.

Back in the good old days I would have advised all the skellies and zombies to get DP as their first skill so they could get the rest faster...but now that you don't get spp that way you should get block first, THEN dp! :)

Then when you get a big bench you foul the hell out of everybody until you run out of extra skeletons, all the while playing "real ball" with the rest of your team.

Ya gotta think long term with me here. :)

Veteran

Post by los_locos »

I think it's a nice idea, maybe i'm going try this in a new league!!!!

kaji
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kaji »

Yes Ghouls are great players and do become the major scoring drive of the team. However at the start I prefer the wights for a couple of reasons most notably the armor of eight and regeneration trait. Ghouls just get a huge target on their chest as soon as they get set up for the first half.

I stand by that wights can do everything that a ghoul can at the start of the game and since you need to use them to score in the first few games while recruiting up your ghouls they will build up your spp's on them rather than the ghoul so that when your ghouls do take over the scoring as they should your wights will have a skill or two to fall back on.

Jon S