Blitzing question from a new League Commish

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

hades2003
Rookie
Rookie

Blitzing question from a new League Commish

Post by hades2003 »

Hi. Just a rules query that seems to come up a lot in my League.

If a player moves an Orc Lineman for example, then declares that he wants to Block with the Lineman, but doesn't declare the Blitz action BEFORE moving the model, does this result in a Turnover, or does this stop the player from using a Blitz action for that turn, and just results in the player moving as normal, but without the Blitz?

I have VERY serious players in the League that I am running, and they would like to know.

Also, if a Coach accidently tries to use the same player twice, e.g standing a prone player up, then forgetting and try to use the same player again, does this result in a use of a Re Roll or suffer a Turnover scenario, or can it just be "let go" if both players agree?

There is only one "problem player" who takes things way to seriously in the League, and he is the one pestering me to get these rule queries sorted, so any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Reason: ''
Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

Technically speaking, you are supposed to declare what a player does before you even activate him. This includes Moves, Blocks, and anything else. If a player is moving a miniature around and you want to be a stickler, tell them to put the piece back and declare their action.

This is genuine rules lawyering, though. The only time it is direly important to declare an action is with Blitzes, Fouls, Passes, and Hand-offs, which are the less common actions. These are all important to declare because of their once per turn nature and that all four can potentially be lost without actually doing a Blitz, Foul, Pass or Hand-Off.

ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Tampa, FL (I USED to be able to see Galak in the distance!)

Post by ZanzerTem »

It's not a turnover, but the player may not block a player after moving, unless he declared it his blitz action BEFORE moving the player.

If you force people to follow this rule, you also cannot allow "rewinds", such as, "I'm moving here <moves player>.....No wait, I take that back....." because players will rewind the action and declare their blitz.

It's really hard to enforce this kind of rigid play, unless you have a neutral referee monitoring EVERY game. It's better just to play for fun and not worry about it so much.

NAF # 581
Commish of the ABBL, Tampa Bay's premier BloodBowl League!
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Action declaration only really matters if you've rolled dice already. If you haven't rolled dice let them change their minds.

Big Guys are the classic, you roll bone head then say BTW I'm blitzing. That should not be allowed.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

i think playing in such a strict way isn t so good, you better let someone who has moved take the blitz action if he want to, as long as he delare he s blitzing before making a dice roll (dodge or GFI for example)

l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

Find another coach to play his team coz' when you begin to play that seriously in a league things can only get worse.
:lol: Of course, we all agree that actions should be declared before rolling dice. Especialy with bone head rolls (although some players are honest enough).
On the other side, you only have to declare actions. So moving around isn't a big issue.
Fun should be taken seriously though to manage an ejoyable season. so you're right about fixing things. But tell him to relax too! :wink:

Next time I win !!!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

As for using a player twice in a turn you just can't do it, just take it back to how it was before he used a player twice.

What a lot of players do is face all the minis twards their opponnent then turn them round to face them after they have taken an action, then you know which players have been used. Then at the end of your turn or a turnover just face all the players the same way then on your next turn you can do the same again.

hades2003
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hades2003 »

Thanks for that!

Although most of the players are serious about the league, they do want to have fun at the same time. The reason that they want the rules sorted out is because there is a pile of them who want to enter the GW Tournament next year, and they don't want to make fools of themselves by not knowing a certain rule.

The league is in it's second round now, but there are some players who have taken a complete kicking and can only field 7, or 8 players max in their next game! Playing against 3 Orc teams, Chaos, Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves, a Norse team and 3 human teams is never nice.

Is there any way to "help" out the teams who have suffered the most i.e the Humans :D {Although my Orcs took a beating against the Dwarves last Saturday!} or should I just let them get on with it since they picked such pansie teams {those blooming 'umies! :D }

Cheers,
Hades2003!

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

ianwilliams wrote:Action declaration only really matters if you've rolled dice already. If you haven't rolled dice let them change their minds.

Big Guys are the classic, you roll bone head then say BTW I'm blitzing. That should not be allowed.
agree there. Little rewinding doesn't matter untill dice are / have been tossed