blitz question?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

gken1
Legend
Legend

blitz question?

Post by gken1 »

ok. the rules say place ball, roll on kickoff table, scatter ball, resolve kickoff table, then bounce the ball. So this would mean the blitzer couldn't grab the ball...right? He's blitzing while the ball is in the air. The ball doesn't hit the ground until after the blitz is complete. Just wondering on how this is interpreted.

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yes thats exactly right, you move your team and can stand someone on the square where its about to land and then try and catch it when you have finished the turn, or it can bounce if you didn't put anyone under it

neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

Yup you re right, he can t pick it up, he can just move "under" the ball, and as soon as the blitz turn is over, he can ry to catch it.

just take a look here :

viewtopic.php?t=5565

Stop stalling, i ll stop one-turning !
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

that's what I thought....get's rid of the 0 turn score. fumbbl.com needs to fix that then....i just think it's ridiculous when I see someone scoring a ton of td's in one game. plus it tones down the all powerful/dreaded blitz

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Game mechanic wise, I usually put the ball on top of a die to remind both players that it still has to bounce.

Oh, and you can't reroll catching the (inaccurate) ball, because when you attempt the catch it is not your turn.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

well you can't use a reroll you can use the catch skill

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

No but u could use pro or catch skills(not too sure bout the catch, but definately the pro).

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
slup
Star Player
Star Player

Post by slup »

I would say that you cannot use pro. Pro can be used once per turn and the ball drops from the sky just when your blitzturn is over but before the receiving teams first turn starts. So you are in a sort of no-turn situation and therefore cannot use pro.
The same goes when the ball by coincidence scatters to a square containing a player from the receiving team during any kick-off and the combo riot - knock out - failed thick skull.

Catch on the other hand can be used to reroll all (failed) catchrolls, including this one.