Failed Pass scattering

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Zergo
Experienced
Experienced

Failed Pass scattering

Post by Zergo »

Okay, this is kind of a silly question, but here we are. When I fail a Pass, the ball scatters three times. That's clear. What isn't clear is the square from which it scatters.

Personally, I have always taken this to be the target square, ie where you were trying to throw it to. I have always played like this, due in part to the fact that the rulebook mentions the possibility of the ball scattering back to the intended receiver.

The trouble is, I was playing a game last night on FUMBBL with Ski Junkie's java client, and I attempted a Pass with my Orc thrower. I swear to all goodness that when he failed his Pass roll, the ball scattered from his own square. Resultingly, the other team was able to pull the old "scoop-and-score" on me, and we ended up with a tie game. I ask "what gives?"

Am I wrong, or is there a problem with the program? Help me out, O wise and salty veterans of the sport.

-Zergo

Reason: ''
Smashy-smashy, roll two dice.
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

An inaccurate pass would scatter (and bounce) from the targeted square. A fumbled pass would bounce once from the thrower. Did it scatter and bounce, and are you sure you didn't fumble because of range penalties?

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Don't worry everything is fine...

You seem to have "fumbled" the pass rather than just "failed" it.

Whenever the pass roll is a 1 before or after modifications, the ball scatters once from the throwers square (instead of three times from the receiver's square in the case of a failed pass).

The more negative mods (TZs, distance etc.) the greater the chance that the ball will scatter from the throwers square.

Zergo
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Zergo »

Ah hah. I fumbled, then. Thanks for that, I guess I just missed that rule. Cue blushing... and there. Face officially red. Thanks guys.

-Zergo

Smashy-smashy, roll two dice.