Penalty for missing a league match

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mocaiv
Veteran
Veteran

Penalty for missing a league match

Post by Mocaiv »

What system is generally accepted as a fair way of resolving the forfeiting a legaue match?

The person who forfeited the match loses by 2TD's?
What about:
The gate
Winnings
MVP
Casualties
...anything else...

Being a league commish can have its problems...

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.wargamesunlimited.com/bloodbowl/ucbbl2005/index.html][img]http://www.wargamesunlimited.com/bloodbowl/images/ucbbl/banner-ucbbl.jpg[/img]
[size=134]Wargames Unlimited Blood Bowl League[/size][/url]
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Why don't you use the rules for conceding a match? LRB p. 45. You have to figure out how many TD you will award the winning side, though. 1-2 Tds should be fine. (we play it 2TD for not appearing to a match and rising your TDscore one better than the conceding opponent when he forfeits during a match).

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hung, drawn and quartering :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Gobstopper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gobstopper »

I would go with the rules for conceding the match. If both players agreed to play and one doesn't show up or call (with a suitable excuse and a possible rescheduled time to play the match) then that is the same as conceding.

In that case, the person that shows up gets a 2-0 win and the person that concedes gets a 0-2 loss.

No MVPs, SPPs, or Money is awarded to either team as the game did not occur and the "fans" did not get the show they came for.

As a house rule I would impose a permanent -1 penalty to the conceding coach's team fan factor as he sorely disappointed his fans by not playing.

Welcome to another grand evening of Blood and Mayhem sports fans.
Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

Gobstopper wrote:As a house rule I would impose a permanent -1 penalty to the conceding coach's team fan factor as he sorely disappointed his fans by not playing.
In our league we play by a set schedule. And their used to be a time when we had problems with people dropping out of games that they didn't want to play at all (for various reasons). In our current rules, if a team forfeits during a match we use what is listed in the main BB rules. If a team forfeits before a game is played (and don't get me wrong, if a player cannot make a game due to good reasons, has game scheduling conflicts, etc. I'm am fully willin got work with them) we award the "winning" team 2 TDs, 2 casualties, and a MVP (all randomly derived)...the opposing team suffers the same penalties from the main BB rules with the addition of everyone on the team receiving an automatic injury roll with a +2 modifier (as irrate fans catch the yellow-bellied team skulking in a dark alleyway)...these injuries cannot be apothecaried or regenerated. Needless to say, we don't have a problem with coaches dodging games anymore.

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.