Rotters

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Pitch Dark
Experienced
Experienced

Rotters

Post by Pitch Dark »

The beast get rotters when he kills opponents, does that include fouls?

Reason: ''
Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

If you think by strict rules mechanics, a player does not get credit for a kill if it is a kill through fouling, only through a non-out of bounds block.

Under that premise, no.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Tough one ... I'd say yes they can from fouls. I guess I just don't see the Beast fouling much. And I'd rule that a fouling and blocking kills are both kills directly attritubed to the player.

Galak

Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

Should be zombies and work just like the undead rule. It's simple, established already and fits the fluff.

PLus Zombies are hardly any boost to the team...unlike a free 100K player.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Dark Lord wrote:Should be zombies and work just like the undead rule. It's simple, established already and fits the fluff.

PLus Zombies are hardly any boost to the team...unlike a free 100K player.
True ... but every player on the Undead team can create Zombies while only one can on the Rotters. And their Big Guy got a major power down with the Annual 2003 from the completely broken moster that showed up in the BB Mag (so the odds of him racking up deaths was dramatically reduced).

Galak

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Even if the Beast does kill a guy, what is the chance you are going to have a free slot for a Rotter? Very slim I think.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Even if the Beast does kill a guy, what is the chance you are going to have a free slot for a Rotter? Very slim I think
Depends on what order u get players in, i would probably get my beast next after only 2 rotters.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

I started with the beast and no rotters. So I pray to kill something but:

Code: Select all

Turns so far:4
finished games so far:0
Blocks with the beast:1(2dice my choice), 0 others
Result of all blocks together: 1 Pushback, POW/Pushback (opponent had dodge), 0 others
Beast having problems with the flies that sourround it (ie lost tacklezone due to realy stupid): twice

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

That is what stands in the Annual 2003:

Code: Select all

Special Rule:
blabla .... any opposing Player that is blocked or fouled by the beast of Nurgle and is killed, then it is assumed rather than dying he has been infected with Nurgle's Rot,....
And the new player joins the team AFTER the game.

I would like a ruling on:
-Can the Rot be healed by an apothecary? Ie can you heal a player that was killed by the Beast? Thought behind this question: Pestilence was not cureable in the medival times ...
-How many Rotters can you add per game? I had 3 matches (at the beginning for MBBL practice Purposes) and against Woodelves (2nd game: Beast SPP0 at that moment) my dice where hot. 3 deads (all with beast) and other Injuries (5 SI, 2 BH)

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

We ruled that in our league the dead player has to fail the Apoth roll as well to be eligible to be made a Rotter.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, if he's apoth'ed, he's not dead, so not eligable to join the team. (Don't forget, when these medics say they have magic sponges, they have magic sponges :wink: )

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.