Handicap Table result question

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Morticus
Rookie
Rookie

Handicap Table result question

Post by Morticus »

When you are asked to select a random player, is that selection picked after various reasons players can miss this match are made, such as Niggling Injuries. ie Can a player who has rolled a 1 on the NI roll (and misses this game) recieve the "Duh, Where Am I?" handicap result. Which then will be completely wasted for the team with the lower team rating.

Another situation, if you get the Assassin result and pick a player. Roll the injury which result in a Casualty and the opposing coach dont use an apothecary or anything. That player will then miss this match.
On the next handicap table roll, is that player who recieved the assassin result included in the various "choose a random player"-results?

If a team gets the result 52 (In The Bag!) and 15 (I Am The Greatest!).
He got 15 players total, 4 of which have outstandingly more SPPs than the others.
2 players get randomly selected that can not be on the pitch at the same time. 2 players, none of those 4 with the most amount of SPPs.

Does this mean that he will have only 10 players on the field, or can he field 11 players even though those 11 players will not be "the 11 worst players in the team"?

Reason: ''
Pitch Dark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pitch Dark »

Since handicaps are done before nigglings, i say, yes.

But on the other hand, its better to get rid of the player, than to have him boneheaded, isnt it? :)

Morticus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Morticus »

Well yes, it is better to get rid of the player. But the best would be to get rid of 1 player and get another player Bone Headed.

And IMO the Handicap Table should really be for the advantage of the team with the lower Team Rating. So all these situations where one thing gets overrided by another is something I question if it was really 'meant to be'.

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Morticus, you have to follow the order that the red card lists for the pregame. Handicaps are resolved as they are rolled, and Niggling injuries aren't rolled until after the handicaps are done.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]