Tackle and Diving Tackle combo

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Tackle and Diving Tackle combo

Post by Agentrock »

Had a quick question about the use of this combo:
Player A (who has Dodge) dodges away from player B (who has Tackle and Diving Tackle). Player B opts to use Diving Tackle to make player A fail the dodge...does player B get the Dodge reroll since player A has Tackle and is now prone?

Reason: ''
The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

He can't use dodge. I think there is a clarification somewhere, but I its a bit silly if they don't combine.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

That's what I was thinking as well...but wanted to be sure before I took the Diving Tackle skill (I rolled doubles on a dwarven Longbeard).

I just wasn't sure if you technically have to be standing for the Tackle skill to work...

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.