Strip Balll & pushing into TD

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

What!?

Then why does the same rulebook say you can score in the opposistions turn?

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Cervidal wrote:Pointed out to me in conversation last night:

P. 16:

"A team scores a touchdown when one of their players ends an action standing in the opposing team's End."
I'd interept that as "at the end of an action", doesn't say it has to be THEIR action.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

Darkson wrote:
Cervidal wrote:Pointed out to me in conversation last night:

P. 16:

"A team scores a touchdown when one of their players ends an action standing in the opposing team's End."
I'd interept that as "at the end of an action", doesn't say it has to be THEIR action.
Even if you were right, the other players action isn't ended until AFTER the ball scatters.

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I was pointing more to the fact that Cervidal was saying it's not a TD if a stunty ends a pass in the EZ, or if you push your own player in to the EZ.

neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Ah, I see.

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

Let's analyze this statement:

Team - subject
scores - verb

when - adverb, modifies the verb scores

...one of their players ends an action standing in the opposint team's End. - adverb clause. There's a fancier name for it but I don't recall it at nearly 4 AM.

one of their players - subject of the adverb clause, referring to a specific one of their players.

ends an action- verb phrase of the adverb clause. What 'one of their players' is doing.
----------------------------------------

To score a touch down, the specific player whose action is currently active must be in the endzone. I stand by my conclusions. I can bust out references if you need 'em here.

----------------------------------------
Bud Beumel, BA - Secondary Education/English

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

aaagghh rules lawyers :cry:
GalakStarscraper wrote: I disagree. On page 16, it says:
In some rare cases a team will score a touchdown in the
opponent’s turn. For example, a player holding the ball
could be pushed into the End Zone by a block. If this
happens then the team scores a touchdown
Nothing end there at all about the end of an action. I would agree with the others above. As it currently reads in the LRB, its is a TD.

Galak
I think this basically says use common sense. If the player is in control of the ball and standing in the endzone...TD. End of turn.
So what the rules lawyers are saying that a stunty thrown in for a td isn't a td since it doesn't end on the players action....stupid. that's like saying a thrower throwing to a catcher in the endzone isn't a td since it isn't the end of the catcher's action.

neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

i would say it s not a TD, for the same reason a guy holding the ball being pushed and knocked into the endzone didn t score either. You can t define at wich moment the guy release the ball.

Somewhere it should be written :

"If a player is standing and holding the ball in the opponents team endzone, at the end of any player action, it s a TD"

Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

I think Galak's passage and my passage directly contradict each other. That needs to be cleared up more than anything.

By removing his passage, you would alleviate the need to redefine a touchdown and questions such as these would not come about.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

So Cervidal, your catcher dodges away from a couple of players, and runs to the EZ. Your thrower then passes the ball for a sucessful catch. Are you saying you play no TD? :o If so, then you're not playing the same game as I and others play, including those at the official BB tournament.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Galak - you could always say ANY action - so strictly speaking the TD would be scored when the PUSHER finishes his action. Suddenly Frenzy gains new worth.

If you're going to rule this a TD why not rule it a TD for a failed GFI into the endzone too? Simple argument against it.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

why not rule it a TD for a failed GFI into the endzone too?
A failed gfi lands in the square he tried to gfi from , if your gfi'ing from inside the endzone with the ball, well . . . :o

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

sean newboy wrote:
why not rule it a TD for a failed GFI into the endzone too?
A failed gfi lands in the square he tried to gfi from , if your gfi'ing from inside the endzone with the ball, well . . . :o
nop, he fall in the square he move to .. LRB p 20

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

oops my bad. :oops:

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Yer I play that if a player is standing in the endzone with the ball after all dice rolls and skills affecting how he got there are resolved then its a touchdown. Its the end of action thing that seems to be causeing the confusion.