Stacking Modifiers?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Fweddy
Rookie
Rookie

Stacking Modifiers?

Post by Fweddy »

I played my first game of blood bowl in a while today and one question kept popping up. Is it legal to stack modifiers on armour/injury rolls? A quick search of this place suggusts it isn't, but where does it say this in the LRB?

My opponent repeatedly used his MB Claw Rat Ogre to break my Saurus armour, knock him out and send a gutter runner scuttling through the gap.

I got him back in the end though. So nice when Kroxigor gets his first casualty... and his second... then his third... :)

Reason: ''
Wait until you see my special play. It always works some of the time.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

no you can't its at the beginning of the skills section iirc

he can use claw on the armour rolls and mighty blow on the injury roll though, just can't use both on the same roll

Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

Grumbledook is correct...you cannot stack skill bonuses for armor or injury rolls, although you can use separate skills for each.

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
Fweddy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fweddy »

I knew it! If only I could've found the rule in the LRB at the time. :(

My opponent needed all the help he could get though, I used up all my bad luck in the first two turns (rolled double skulls for my first block on both turns, etc). After that all my luck went from good to great. After causing three casualties in the first half, halfway through the second Kroxigor intercepted the ball and scored a touchdown!

Wait until you see my special play. It always works some of the time.
Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

Make sure to point it out to the guy you played, so he'll know as well! :)

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.