various faq for precisions about rules and skills

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

cleminho
Experienced
Experienced

various faq for precisions about rules and skills

Post by cleminho »

Hi there! Please, I would be very grateful if you would help me with these few questions:

- Can a prone player with pass block get up to intercept a pass (without using jump-up, just get up)?

- How come players with 1 or 2 of MA can use pass block if going for it and sprint are not allowed with this skill?

- How many armour and injury rolls with multiple block (one for each opponent player or only one result for both)?

- Can a player use multiple block to block an opponent standing on his left side and an opponent standing in front of him (the opponents have a square corner in common)?

- In a normal block (without strip ball), if a player carrying the ball is knocked over, where does he drop the ball? In the case he was standing in or in the case he is knocked over to (like with the strip ball skill)?

- Can a player use the block skill more than once per action? For example, with frenzy, can the player say that he uses the block skill for the two blocks?

- Can a player with the leap skill jump over an empty case? And can he jump diagonally? To any square?

Thx a lot everyone.
Cleminho.

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

1) not sure
2) those are the rules :p
3) roll seperatly for both
4) yes
5) the ball scatters from the square they are knocked to
6) yer you can use block as many times as its needed
7) you can leap in any direction, over empty square and even to a square thats next to the one you start in

neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: various faq for precisions about rules and skills

Post by neoliminal »

cleminho wrote:Hi there! Please, I would be very grateful if you would help me with these few questions:

- Can a prone player with pass block get up to intercept a pass (without using jump-up, just get up)?
No.
- How come players with 1 or 2 of MA can use pass block if going for it and sprint are not allowed with this skill?
Why shouldn't they move the full distance? It would make the rule too complicated if you started putting extra stuff in there about lower MAs.
- How many armour and injury rolls with multiple block (one for each opponent player or only one result for both)?
Each opponent is rolled seperately.
- Can a player use multiple block to block an opponent standing on his left side and an opponent standing in front of him (the opponents have a square corner in common)?
No.
- In a normal block (without strip ball), if a player carrying the ball is knocked over, where does he drop the ball? In the case he was standing in or in the case he is knocked over to (like with the strip ball skill)?
It scatters from the square he fell in.
- Can a player use the block skill more than once per action? For example, with frenzy, can the player say that he uses the block skill for the two blocks?
Yes.
- Can a player with the leap skill jump over an empty case? And can he jump diagonally? To any square?
Yes.
Thx a lot everyone.
Cleminho.

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
Hox-ii
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hox-ii »

In the case of multiple block, yes. However, a player with frenzy should not even get the chance to roll a second time if he used block the first time. According to the frenzy skill in the LRB, a second attack is only given if a pushback occurs; since with a skull/pow results in no pushback no matter what, you do not get a second attack with frenzy.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

hmm surprised about the multiple block diagonally answer you gave neo, the rules say 2 players that are adjacent. Initially i just thought it would be no like you said but when i read on another thread that someone did this it got me thinking
Multiple Block (Strength Skill)
The player is allowed to block two opposing players at the same
time. The opposing players must be next to the player making
the block and next to each other. Their strengths are added
together and both suffer the effects of the block equally. Both
sides may use assists normally.
Just says they have to be next to each other and next to the player blocking, guess "but not diagonally" would need adding in otherwise there is nothing there to imply you can't.

Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Sushé Wakka »

If they are corner-to-corner they're adjacent and so you can multiblock them if you're adjacent to both at the same time

Sushé, the elfhater
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yer thats what i thought but neo is one of the BBRC as in one of the guys who decides on the rules officially, so thats why i was questioning it

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Besides a player can never be "next to" to two other players that are also "next to" each other if corner-to-corner contacts don't count as "next to"...

This unclarity is just one of the many reasons we never use Multiple Block. (I put it on a Slayer once, we spend the entire game with trying to find out all kinds of stuff about multiple block, and at the end of the game we decided I should be allowed a different skill instead.)

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yer thats another good point redfang

Relborn
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Relborn »

I think Neo made an mistake.

The rules definately show that you were right Grumbledook

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Grumbledook wrote:yer thats another good point redfang
I think I'm having one of my brighter days... Should really be able to do some good work today, if only TBB dropped out again so it didn't distract me anymore... :wink:

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: various faq for precisions about rules and skills

Post by DoubleSkulls »

neoliminal wrote:
Yes.
Its actually impossible to use block on both the 1st and 2nd block - remember that you only use a skill after the dice are rolled and the result chosen and if a frenzied block gets the both down result there is no push back, so no 2nd block.

Normally you may only use skills once per action (traits and racial characteristics may be used an unlimited number of times).

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Toby

Post by Toby »

Whats the Problem with adding

"Player with a MA lower than 3 can only travel the number of squares equal to their MA on a Pass Block move"

?

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

cause they are allowed to move 3 squares

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Toby wrote:Whats the Problem with adding

"Player with a MA lower than 3 can only travel the number of squares equal to their MA on a Pass Block move"

?
Why bother? I mean you are only talking about Treemen or the odd aged mummy. These are hardly high priority candidates for pass block in the first place.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams