Oi Galak! (or anyone else!)

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Oi Galak! (or anyone else!)

Post by NightDragon »

Can you give me your opinion on 2 things.
1. What do you think of the Savage Orcs in Comp.1. Do you think they fit well in the Orc roster or unbalance it?
2. What do you think of the Secret Weapon experimental rules in BB Mag 5? Again, do you think any player access unbalances teams and that only star players should have them?
Cheers DD.

Reason: ''
NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

As to the savage orcs from comp 1. In the 3rd ed. league i played in all of the comp 1 players were used extensively, and none of them unbalanced things, although the iron maidens were a pain. I think they would be ok in 4th edition but have not seen enough playtesting to prove it.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I still use them. The reason I ask is that some are now saying that because of their frenzy they should be re-thought. I don't agree with this. If anyone is to have frenzy as a trait it should be them.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

I actually liked the savage orc position for the team...but then I liked most of the "extra" positions they had for the teams...dark elf assassin, dwarf thunderer, etc.

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

The DE assasin was great.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

Wasn't there a hobgoblin Sneaky Git too? If not, we created one for the CD team...

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Yes there was. Never played against him though. How does he fare?

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

The Savage Orc is completely unnecessary for the team. As is, at the very most, their 16 man roster only has to have one Lineman on it. Put Savage Orcs on there and the team doesn't even need that.

Orcs also don't need another agility player.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Cervidal not everyone agrees with the need for goblins and Ogres on an orc team or any of the nongreenskin allies for that matter. Goblins are for cheerleaders and apothecary aides.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

DeputyDawg wrote:Yes there was. Never played against him though. How does he fare?
He was actually an eye opener...it was a basic hobgoblin with Side Step and Shadowing...a good combo of skills. When I played with them they were a pain in the butt for many teams.

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Why is he completely unnecessary? They are Orcs and they are good models and come with frenzy.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

True...I always had thought that the extra positions were optional and gave a bit of flavor to the teams that had them...and wanted to use them.

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Exactly, as long as they don't unbalance the team to make them stronger they are good to see.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

Which is exactly what giving Savage Orcs to Orcs does; it unbalances the team. Can you name another team that would have access to a Big Guy, 8 guys with strength skill access, 6 with agility skills, and a pair of passers?

If I tried to put together a brand new roster with all of those attributes, I'd be laughed off of the board.

Relborn
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Relborn »

I agree with Cervidal. All of the special position from the compendium unbalance theese team, because they are viewed as additions to the positions already on the team.

If you really want to include them as a houserule, I advise you to replace existing position players with the new ones ...