The New Guy

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tackledummy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tackledummy »

Hey, I live in New Zealand and used to play Bloodbowl along with all the other GW games till I became a Student and had to give it up due to lack oif funds 8(

I heard through the grapevine not too long ago Bloodbowl was being ressurected once again and was eager to get back into it only to be told by the local GW products supplier it's not being marketed by them and that they can't get in any miniatures or anything.

I then managed to get into this site and am wondering if someone can put me on the right track. Is it possible to by a new copy or new miniatures for BBowl at all?

If I seem a little out of the loop it's because I'm living in a town in New Zealand where if it ain't rugby it ain't worth talking about and have had trouble weening info out of people about this.

Much appreciate any comments, thank ya's
:cool:

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Okay, first things first, welcome to the forum! :smile:
GW have just re-released BB, the box set comes with both the Deathzone rulebook and a 2k1 current update sheet, so everything you need is in the new box. Apparently it's going to be available in GW stores along with the rest of the BB range and the new 2002 annual.
Hope that helps! :smile:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

TackleDummy ... welcome to TalkBB. Simple rules ... everyone here plays nice ... are at least tries really hard to .. :wink:

Anyway the other suggestion I would throw in is that I have a die hard Blood Bowl player from New Zealand in my league who is very friendly and helpful.

His name is Mark Williams and he might be able to give you some ideas of sources of Blood Bowl in your own backyard.

Mark's address is: Mark_T_Williams@bnz.co.nz

Give him a write and see if he can help you.

Galak

Tackledummy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tackledummy »

Sweet! Thanks very much for your help, should be able to get things sorted.

On another note, I understand the MBBL is in full swing, I just finished downloading the files and was wondering if there is any kind soul out there that would be willing to teach me the finer points of playing PBeM...

Anyways, thanks again for the info. :grin:

In Papa Nurgle we trust...
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

On 2002-03-19 12:03, Tackledummy wrote:

On another note, I understand the MBBL is in full swing, I just finished downloading the files and was wondering if there is any kind soul out there that would be willing to teach me the finer points of playing PBeM...

certainly either send me your html on the e-mail link below and i'll play. I am currently struggling to master Skaven in the MBBL, So far unsuccessfully as i now realise i didn't pack the starting line-up with enough positional players. So the Black Widows need practice. If you want practice setting up the game just let me know your e-mail and i'll send you my team or get it of Galaks site.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

On 2002-03-19 12:03, Tackledummy wrote:

Where about in NZ are you i spend 18 months in Auckland in 86/87

Tackledummy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tackledummy »

Deep South, in Dunedin, and around summer holidays in Nelson area, which is top of the south island.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

hi to you,
like as always do....

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Moosifer
Rookie
Rookie

Hi Tackledummy

Post by Moosifer »

Hi there,

Well, I'm the dreaded Mark that Tom mentioned, you'll be bale to get me on moosifer42@hotmail.com more easily (I'm changing jobs), plus if you're interested I can play you in PBeM if you l;ike. Hell, if you've got a nice friendly team I'll play you in my next match in the MBBL :lol:

If you're ever in Wellington let me know, we play on Monday nights, plus there are several of us who live in the same place.

Mark