Retiring Vampire Lords

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Can a Vampire Lord retire?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 21

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Bloodbasher Masher wrote:The vampire lord is BOTH a player AND a coach. Rules for BOTH apply. Kickoff results, handicaps both can affect him ("select a random player"). Therefore, he can be retired just like any other player.

If you try to say "He's a coach, and only players can retire", then you are also saying that kickoff results and handicaps do not effect him.
No, I'm saying he is both a coach AND a player and rules for BOTH apply (so far it's identical to that what you are saying) but IMHO you cannot retire a coach even if he's also a player (bc you yourself in person are supposed to be the coach). :-? Obviously, we argue the same way but come to different conclusions...

Reason: ''
Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

Why be so hard on the vamp coach? It's his team, if he wants to retire his Vampire Lord why the heck shouldn't he? This is the kind of situation where common sense and sportsmanship should prevail.

-Balrog

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Balrog wrote:Why be so hard on the vamp coach? It's his team, if he wants to retire his Vampire Lord why the heck shouldn't he? This is the kind of situation where common sense and sportsmanship should prevail.

-Balrog
OK, usually I prefer your sense of playing the game. Live and let live. I just fear that this rule may open a loophole, as it's the only way to give a strong positional player stat increases and the loss of his negatrait in a controlled way. I wouldn't do it, but what if someone rolles doubles, AG and St increases for one of his lesser vamps and thinks: "wait this would be a good damn Vampire lord". But maybe I'm paranoid... :smoking:

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

I'm of two minds. It doesn't fit the fluff at all, but I don't want to see a Vamp team get nailed because their Vampire has 3 or 4 niggles and can't ever take the pitch.

How about this - "If a Vampire head coach misses more than 3 games in a row, one of his minions usurps his authority. The Vampire Lord must be retire and be replaced by a lesser Vampire and cannot become an assistant coach."

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Tampa, FL (I USED to be able to see Galak in the distance!)

Post by ZanzerTem »

Right, Skummy, it doesn't fit the fluff at all. Why would an undead, regenerating Vampire Lord say, "Oh, my aching back, im going to sit out this game (niggled)". Jeebus, a Vampire Lord is supposed to wield terrible power, smiting the living and converting them to the undeath, yet he can't seem to manage the pain of a groin strain?!?!

Since the idea of aging, niggling Vampire Lords takes fluff and throws it straight out the window anyway, why not allow them to retire? It would just continue with the anti-fluff trend :wink:

NAF # 581
Commish of the ABBL, Tampa Bay's premier BloodBowl League!