Knocked opponent down in end zone

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Knocked opponent down in end zone

Post by DaFoola »

I know that (1) if it's the offense's turn, they need to end an action in the endzone in order to score a touchdown and (2) if the defense pushes the ball carrier into the endzone (at least if they are standing) they score a TD.

...but, what about when I roll a POW? Does the offensive player have to be standing at the end of my block to score?

Here's what I see in the CRP rules on p15: on the offensive team turn, the ball carrier has to be standing at the end of the action in order to score. Under "scoring in the opponent's turn," the rules state that if a player is holding the ball in the end zone "at any point during [the defense's] turn," a touchdown is scored immediately.

So do they score in that brief moment where they are in the end zone but haven't been knocked down yet? It seems like they shouldn't, but the rules appear to mean that they score before they are knocked down.

Thoughts?

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Knocked opponent down in end zone

Post by lunchmoney »

http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 3&p=627575
Asked and answered at least once already :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Knocked opponent down in end zone

Post by DaFoola »

Thanks - my search skills were letting me down.