Themed pitches

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

rvlvr
Experienced
Experienced

Themed pitches

Post by rvlvr »

I have bought a few mostly for their looks. Not used the special rules too often. Still, even though it seems most of them are of decent balance, at least the Undead one looks like it is bonus only for the (Undead) home team. Are there others?

Reason: ''
TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Themed pitches

Post by TopsyKretts »

rvlvr wrote:I have bought a few mostly for their looks. Not used the special rules too often. Still, even though it seems most of them are of decent balance, at least the Undead one looks like it is bonus only for the (Undead) home team. Are there others?
Yeah, they seem to be running out of ides for their constant release of new balls, pitches/weather tables and cards. In my 100% complete rules document, I count a total of 14. There are also 3 kick off tables.

I'm not so happy with the ones that give a one-sided bonus to the home-team. If someone ask "Want to try my pitch?", why would anyone do that when it only benefits one side?

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

TopsyKretts wrote:
rvlvr wrote:I have bought a few mostly for their looks. Not used the special rules too often. Still, even though it seems most of them are of decent balance, at least the Undead one looks like it is bonus only for the (Undead) home team. Are there others?
Yeah, they seem to be running out of ides for their constant release of new balls, pitches/weather tables and cards. In my 100% complete rules document, I count a total of 14. There are also 3 kick off tables.

I'm not so happy with the ones that give a one-sided bonus to the home-team. If someone ask "Want to try my pitch?", why would anyone do that when it only benefits one side?
It adds 'home and away' style fixtures though; that adds an element to league play which can only be a benefit (providing it's optional, as there's no way that's it could be play tested enough).

TopsyKretts
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TopsyKretts »

harvestmouse wrote: It adds 'home and away' style fixtures though; that adds an element to league play which can only be a benefit (providing it's optional, as there's no way that's it could be play tested enough).
I like to say this about optional: Everything in this game is optional. In fact, the entire game itself is optional.

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

TopsyKretts wrote:
harvestmouse wrote: It adds 'home and away' style fixtures though; that adds an element to league play which can only be a benefit (providing it's optional, as there's no way that's it could be play tested enough).
I like to say this about optional: Everything in this game is optional. In fact, the entire game itself is optional.
The concept of core rules/optional rules still exists, yes? Anyway, I believe I answered your initial question.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

The Elven Union field looks really nice and I have the rules here as well - at one point it says, there's some magical ice on one of the field sides. Whenever you move 6 or more fields, you move one more square for free into the direction you were running towards (pretty much like aquaplaning). If the field is blocked, he's being layed on the back.

What if the slide would take you out of bounds? Would this count as blocked, and you'd placed on the back at the sideline, or would this actually take you into the crowd?

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

I'd have thought that's an optional rule that wouldn't suit elves. (fluffwise it's a bit of an 'ok we're running out of ideas here' too). To be go out of bounds that's a conscious decision or a mistake by forgetting the rule. However if you were on ice, you couldn't stop....so fluffwise I'd suggest you go into the crowd.

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

DinoTitanedition wrote:What if the slide would take you out of bounds? Would this count as blocked, and you'd placed on the back at the sideline, or would this actually take you into the crowd?
I admit, I have no clue but I'd vote for going out of bounds. If you can push people out of bounds, why would there suddenly be a barrier keeping you on the pitch?
Also, the image of a dirty elf skating to a brutal beatup is to precious to pass...