MVP Elligiblity

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

MVP Elligiblity

Post by CyberedElf »

Discussion in my league and has moved to FB:
Can a player who is missing the current game due to MNG be nominated for the MVP?
Deathzone p. 21 wrote:Most Valuable Player (MVP): At the end of the match, each coach nominates three players from their team and rolls a D3 to choose one at random.
Deathzone p. 20 wrote:Miss Next Game: . . . The player cannot take part in the next match.
Deathzone p. 22 wrote:Work out the value of each team . . . Do not include the value of . . . any players that will be forced to miss their next match due to injury.
MVP is awarded in post-match sequence. It is not during the match.

Nobody minds:
A player can sit on the bench the entire game and get the mvp.
A player can get KOed from a rock on kickoff, never wake up all game, and get the mvp.

But some mind:
An injured player that is on the sidelines, in a cast, all game and gets the mvp.

Other than personal preference, "it must be intended as . . .," or "it used to be . . .," can anyone provide a rules reason from BB2016 why the MNG player can not get the MVP?

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: MVP Elligiblity

Post by Darkson »

CRP specifically said "who was eligible for the match" (i.e. wasn't MNG).
I expect this is just another example of the poor/non-existent proof reading that went into BB2016 rather than a deliberate change.

If it was a deliberate change then meh'...

I think you need to decide for yourself if it was a mistake or deliberate (until when/if it's clarified).
If you decide it was a mistake you need to decide whether, as a league, you play to the rules as written or to the intention.
If you think it was deliberate, then you need to decide whether to play that way or the old way.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.