NAF Tournament rules - Assisting Blocks; taking back actions

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Re: NAF Tournament rules - Assisting Blocks; taking back act

Post by hutchinsfairy »

How would people feel if their opponent took a picture of the pitch before each turn on their phone? Its something I'm considering for league play after having two separate matches "jogged" and having to try to remember where everything was.

Reason: ''
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

hutchinsfairy wrote:How would people feel if their opponent took a picture of the pitch before each turn on their phone? Its something I'm considering for league play after having two separate matches "jogged" and having to try to remember where everything was.
I know I wouldn't mind this. Also, sometimes the pitch gets hit by a passing person or a coaches arm/leg/other body part. Trying to remember where every player was after that can border on impossible...

Winning... it beats losing.
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

mubo wrote:
One of the French players places a marker on the starting square of your (and his) players when you move them. I quite like this approach as it removes any issues about where he has come from if you want to take back. I think going back beyond where both players can be 100% comfortable is not on, agree it's hard to put your foot down though!
this is a brillant idea!
but does it slow the game, if we had to mark each movement?

mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

babass wrote:
mubo wrote:
One of the French players places a marker on the starting square of your (and his) players when you move them. I quite like this approach as it removes any issues about where he has come from if you want to take back. I think going back beyond where both players can be 100% comfortable is not on, agree it's hard to put your foot down though!
this is a brillant idea!
but does it slow the game, if we had to mark each movement?
Not really. As soon as you pick a player up, he drops a marker underneath. It's a bit strange at first, but I very quickly got used to it.

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member