Can you Hail Mary throw a Team-mate?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Can you Hail Mary throw a Team-mate?

Post by Sushé Wakka »

I know, I know, it's beardy, it's cheap, it's against the game's spirit...
But it's fun as hell!
So, can you use Hail Mary Pass when throwing a team mate?

Reason: ''
Sushé, the elfhater
Mojoshenpo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Can you Hail Mary throw a Team-mate?

Post by Mojoshenpo »

Sushé Wakka wrote:I know, I know, it's beardy, it's cheap, it's against the game's spirit...
But it's fun as hell!
Try illegal.... :(

P23 LRB: The throw is treated like a normal pass, except that the range is treated as being one band higher (a quick pass counts as a short pass, for example) which means that it is impossible to throw a team-mate out to Long Bomb range....

Now, a hail mary is longer than a long bomb and you can't throw team-mate to LB range.... Easy stretch of logic to say, "no, you can't hail mary a TTM...." :wink:

Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Sushé Wakka »

Stunties can't throw Long Bombs, but they can throw Hail Mary passes.
Also, since Hail Mary Pass does not use the range ruler, it is pointless to say its range is "higher" than a Long Bomb. HMP has no range.

Sushé, the elfhater
Mojoshenpo
Veteran
Veteran

Stunties...

Post by Mojoshenpo »

... can't throw stunties.... :P

Don't go American on me and say something is so, just because you want it to be.... :roll:

Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Sushé Wakka »

Actually, I wasn't trying to do that. You've posted your point and you've reasoned it. I've posted my point and reasoned it. Then we start supporting each one's point trying to decide who is wrong. Isn't it what we are supposed to do here?

Sushé, the elfhater
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

I think it should be possible. The range ruler rule won't do for that. sorry. But it's more a deviation of the rules than something authorized. TTM is already well discussed by players. For me, it's not in the game spirit but it's possible.

Next time I win !!!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Sushé Wakka wrote:I know, I know, it's beardy, it's cheap, it's against the game's spirit...
But it's fun as hell!
Well, the simple answer to this was in one of rules review answers (don't remember if it was one of the "official" ones or one of the extras that Chet answered):

http://www.midgardbb.com/BBRC_HotList.html
Clarify with both Throw Team-Mate and Pass Block which skills can be used in conjuction with them.
BBRC response: Throw Team-Mate can only have Pass, Pro, or Leader used with it. Pass Block may use any skill other than Sprint, Sure Feet, and Jump Up (ie you must be standing already to use Pass Block and since you cannot GFI during a Pass Block, you cannot use Sprint or Sure Feet)
The only skills allowed to be used with TTM are Pass, Pro, and Leader. So no per this clarification, HMP cannot be used with TTM.

Galak

Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Sushé Wakka »

Do'h... I've even read that twice and I forgot... whatever... So, no stunties flying high up and falling hard down (sob). I should review those things before posting silly threads...

Sushé, the elfhater
kaboom
Super Star
Super Star

Post by kaboom »

NO!!

Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

Mojoshenpo wrote:Now, a hail mary is longer than a long bomb and you can't throw team-mate to LB range.... Easy stretch of logic to say, "no, you can't hail mary a TTM...." :wink:
I have a player asking this same question right now and I initially said "no" since a TTM cannot be thrown past the "long" range...but then they brought up a point that wasn't supported by my decision.

They understood that the TTM pass, if Hail Mary Pass was used, could not be long bomb range or beyond BUT the HMP skill states that the player can target any square (so any square under long bomb range for this scenario) and only fail the pass on a 1 (it is still inaccurate on a 2+ but the player wanted to guarantee the 2+ pass attempt for his big guy). Would it be allowed under these conditions?

Galak ~ I tried to access the link you pasted above to see what was in the review but the link/page is no longer active (or my browser is playing tricks on me!).

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yer galak put the wrong link to his own site up ;]

you can find them all here

http://www.blood-bowl.net/BBRC_HotList2002.html

Toby

Post by Toby »

Clarify with both Throw Team-Mate and Pass Block which skills can be used in conjuction with them.
BBRC response: Throw Team-Mate can only have Pass, Pro, or Leader used with it. Pass Block may use any skill other than Sprint, Sure Feet, and Jump Up (ie you must be standing already to use Pass Block and since you cannot GFI during a Pass Block, you cannot use Sprint or Sure Feet)
This is such a Bullshit. So u can use Dump Off with Pass Block - man i wish somebody would start tring to care about how to explain the rules without causing even more confusion !

we had this before - you can go for it on a pass block but you cannot use sprint or sure feet. NO U CANT but before that "clarivication" it wasnt even suggested people

bj0rn
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bj0rn »

make hail mary pass a trait...

that should solve all the problems...right?

anyway...hail mary pass seems to be a "specialized" throwing skill...hence it should be named a trait.

bj0rn - at your service...

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

I'd have a problem with this becasue HMP is not good enough to be a trait, and there are very few passing skills as is.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
bj0rn
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bj0rn »

ah, true!!!

also...hindsight: you must use traits!

thats no good for a HMP :o

bj0rn - i guess we are stuck at HMP-ing trolls