Nerves Of Steel a must for a winning Dwarf Team!

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

TBL, our star dwarf coach, makes extensive use of Dump Off on his runners. Works well combined with NoS. Frighteningly effective combo in the hands of a good coach.

Reason: ''
Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by BadMrMojo »

Marcus wrote:TBL, our star dwarf coach, makes extensive use of Dump Off on his runners. Works well combined with NoS. Frighteningly effective combo in the hands of a good coach.
Dump Off would be great, but NoS and Pass Block is my new favorite combo. Move into position, put a TZ on either the thrower or catcher and still have a decent chance of snagging it. Might be cool on a runner...

Ok, certainly not a high priority, but it's a thought, at least.

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Unless you have AG4 or more, it makes absolutely no difference whether or not you have nerves of steel when trying to intercept, because it will be at 6+ either way.

BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by BadMrMojo »

Zombie wrote:Unless you have AG4 or more, it makes absolutely no difference whether or not you have nerves of steel when trying to intercept, because it will be at 6+ either way.
Oh, fine. Ruin my swell plan with reality.
:roll:

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Got a doubles on a Dark Elf thrower - seeing as I was planning a Dump off based "option" offence NoS was the choice. NoS CAN be useful on a thrower, but I sure as hell would never waste a doubles roll on a Dwarf Runner on it. Sure Feet, Dodge, Sidestep - just three more useful options.

I play a dwarf team that DOES pass. One runner back, grabs the ball, hurls it forwards to my AG5 runner (who will get dump off next skill, or maybe block...dump off is more fun and I have an AG4 Blitzer to catch the ball.)
Dwarfs are much more flexible than people give them credit for.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Dwarfs are much more flexible than people give them credit for.
:o It's easy to be flexible with 3 AG increases!

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
kaboom
Super Star
Super Star

Post by kaboom »

play whith cage! no with pass!

bj0rn
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bj0rn »

two wardancers wit NOS (leap) and a thower with safe throw = TD!!!

NOS tactic works well when you have two or more...that way your opponent cant swarm your catcher (leaving no way to dodge)...

bj0rn - ...

Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

It looks like you have completely forgotten the part in which you and your skillfull superdestroyer dwarfteam has brocken into the enemies cage. Who is then suposed to get the ball out of the fire ???

With my dwarfen team, the "Karak Zorn Chrushers", i had two runners with dump off.

Great thing, even there was no one who could catch the ball. Just throw it to a place unreachable to the opposing player.

But the problem occured when there was a heatened defence cage battle against some hard hitting teams, or a wardancer with sidestep or any other ugly skills.
There was at least one damn elf,man or beast adjected to the ball.
NOS could be the answer.
Get in pick up the ball. Just stay..... and when he blocks your runner, just pass to a nearby guy, or in the crowd !

What for is in this situation a runner with block, tackle.

I thought runners are for .... running ?

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

Having a runner with block, tackle, pass and NOS and diving tackle(and prefareable safe throw, accurate,.....):
-might be an option

Otherwise I realy cant see a use for NOS on a dwarf team...

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.