Interaction Pass Block and Hypnotic Gaze

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Vigfus
Experienced
Experienced

Interaction Pass Block and Hypnotic Gaze

Post by Vigfus »

I'm just not sure if this is possible and from the rulebook I don't see the immediate result.

The question is if a Vampire had Pass block, is he allowed to move and use Hypnotic Gaze.
The question basicly boils down to wether or not the pass block is considered a move action or not.
The Pass block section indicates it is a move, but not if it is considered as a move action. If it would be, the vamp is able to gaze the receiver of the pass.

Not that I want to get the Vampires all powered up. It's just a question that popped to mind when I was checking out the list of possible skills to give to my players.

Reason: ''
I am De Duvel, but you can call me Sjapie
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Interaction Pass Block and Hypnotic Gaze

Post by Darkson »

No they can't - Pass Block allows a move, Hyno Gaze is used after a Move Action.
Not the use of italics and capitalisation (copied from the rule book) - this is deliberate.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Vigfus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Vigfus »

Thought as much, would have been cool. Doesn't matter that much as I always try to gaze any would be receivers before anyway.

I am De Duvel, but you can call me Sjapie
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, it also woulldn't make sense if you could, because you could Gaze the thrower, which means the pass wouldn't be attempted, which means you couldn't Pass Block, which means you couldn't Gaze, which means the Pass can be attempted, which means you could PB and Gaze, which... ad infinitum....

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.