Jump Up

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GreedySmurf
Experienced
Experienced

Jump Up

Post by GreedySmurf »

This could potentially be a question that leaves me looking very stupid, but here goes anyway.

I have been playing Norse under LRB 5.0 for a good long time now, and one of the nice things I like about the Beserkers is jump up.

I had always played it as needing a base agility roll (i.e 4+ for my blitzers) with a +2 assist to the roll. i.e. My AG3 Norse blitzer needed to roll a 2+ to succesfully get up and throw a block. I have played over 50+ games using the rule this way, including many games against some highly experienced coaches with no problems.

I recently played a game against a DElf team, where the coach played the ability on his Witch Elf as the +2 making the roll harder, so his AG4 elf needed a 5+ to do it. Now because he made the roll anyway, and I didn't have the opportunity to use Jump Up all game, I didn't bother to make a fuss about it at the time. BUT...

Although I'm 99% sure I'm correct, I decided I should just settle that tiny sliver of doubt in mind that I might be wrong (as if :roll: :wink: ). If it is penalty to your roll why are the Dodging/Catching assists to the rolls expressed as '+1'. And it would mean an ordinary norse blitzer would need a 6 to accomplish a Jump Up block, which would make it very seldom used and nigh on useless skill.

So, am I right, or have I been effectively cheating?

Reason: ''
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

We have always played +2 to the roll, making the block on a roll of 2 or more on a D6.
Hope this helps...

rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

nope you are right

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

glowworm wrote:We have always played +2 to the roll, making the block on a roll of 2 or more on a D6.
Hope this helps...
This is correct.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

or 3+ with a Black Orc :lol:

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

Buggrit wrote:or 3+ with a Black Orc :lol:
OR an Ogre :D

Andromidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Andromidius »

Or 4+ with a Treeman.

Yes, the local Treeman has JUMP UP :x

~Andromidius

Der_Doodle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Der_Doodle »

But i guess with an AG4 player it is the same chance as with an AG3 player cause a 1 always fails or does an AG4 player have a 100% chance to make the jumpup blocks?

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Its an agility roll - and all agility rolls have the 1 & 6 rule - so 1's always fail and 6's always succeed regardless of AG or other modifiers.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
whitetiger
Star Player
Star Player

Post by whitetiger »

We had the same discussion in our league a while ago. So glad to hear I'm vindicated.

It's a Dark Elf world, we just let you live in it to provide fresh victims. - and I still want an Executioner to kill sauruses with.