Stab and Injury rolls

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Stab and Injury rolls

Post by Xeterog »

Stab skill says to make an unmodified injury roll (if you break armor).

Does this mean you get to ignore Niggling injuries and Stunty players like getting stabbed better than getting blocked?

Reason: ''
-Xeterog
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No. it means you can't use any skills to modify the roll (i.e MB or DP).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

You're not authorized to answer rules questions. People only want Tom to answer their questions even if he's wrong. :wink:

Have fun!
Geoff Watson
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Geoff Watson »

Why does it say "unmodified" if they don't mean it?

Mighty Blow specifically says it doesn't work with Stab.

Geoff.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Steve ... even though I'm used to your comments it gets real tiresome to read them. Makes me wish your home life was better so you didn't need to be so petty online to make yourself happy.

So Steve ... you go ahead and give an answer for this one ... I know that will make you happy.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Makes me wish your home life was better so you didn't need to be so petty online to make yourself happy
Hmmm.... This wasn't even directed at you but the lemmings that make this place home. :roll:

Have fun!
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Stab says an unmodified roll, but the +1 for stunty and niggling injuries always apply according to the LRB as well. The question is, which one takes precedence?

I would agree this is less than clear. Darkson has the intention of the rule correct (I believe) but it could be clearer.

-Lemming 042

Rustycan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rustycan »

And if it is "unmodified" then I would rather have my niggle or stunty guy stabbed then blocked as it would be better. (no +1)

When I was a kid, my father used to say the two worst things in the world are Ignorance and Apathy,
Well I dont know and I dont care!!
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Rusty, the unmodified roll applies to the armour and means that the roll cannot be modified by skills. The injury roll (should armour break) would still be modified by Niggling injuries and/or stunty as normal (IIRC)

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

look at the skill again..
Make an unmodified Armour roll for the victim.
If the score is less than or equal to the victim’s Armour value then the
attack has no effect. If the score beats the victim’s Armour value then
they have been wounded and an unmodified Injury roll must be made
I know that the intent is stop skills like Mighty blow from being used with stab and that Stunty and Niggling injuries should still apply. But the rule is not very clear about it. I've been unsuccessful in finding a rule that would over-ride the stab skill description.

-Xeterog
Rustycan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rustycan »

So as per the wording in the skill, stunty and niggle would not be applied. I know that they should, but those rulez lawyers who grab at every little thing they can to exploit love things like this!

When I was a kid, my father used to say the two worst things in the world are Ignorance and Apathy,
Well I dont know and I dont care!!
nyarlathotep
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nyarlathotep »

Stunty and Niggling Injury are both attributes of the stabbed player - not of the stabbing player. Therefore, you would modify the injury roll for those situations.

The statement "unmodified injury roll" is actually redundant, since you can't use Mighty Blow or Piling On on a stab, as it's not a block...

ImageBloodbowl for your ears!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I had hoped Steve would answer this one ... ah well.

When Stab was written it was pictured very differently. Stunty and Niggle add +1 because the player is less able to take jarring blows.

Stab isn't about crushing blows ... so unmodified injury was really intended to be just that ... completely unmodified.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

GalakStarscraper wrote: ... so unmodified injury was really intended to be just that ... completely unmodified.

Galak
What are the odds of getting a clarification on that? Maybe specifically mentioning stunty and nigglers?

I know it is correct as written, but I would have thought it the opposite way as well.

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

GalakStarscraper wrote:I had hoped Steve would answer this one ... ah well.

When Stab was written it was pictured very differently. Stunty and Niggle add +1 because the player is less able to take jarring blows.

Stab isn't about crushing blows ... so unmodified injury was really intended to be just that ... completely unmodified.

Galak
:?: How would I have known that? I'd have answered the same way Nyar did. The offending stabber get's no help but if the victim is particularly frail... God help him. He's getting abused.

Maybe you wanted me to be wrong so you could do a little jig. :lol: You're gonna have to violate me in other ways publically. Perhaps you can make a dig about my home life. :wink:

Have a nice day. :smoking:

Fot-the-record, I don't think Tom has an offending bone in his body. I punish him relentlessly though because I'm particularly nasty and obnoxious but it's your fault. I'm mean to him because you love him so much. I don't undrestand it so I push all the buttons he's shown over the years to show you guys that he puts his pants on one leg at a time.

but once when he does he makes gold records. :P Now give me more cowbell. :D

I can't stand the rest of you, not Tom. :o

and I like Jural. 8)

Have fun!