Vampire/Bloodlust queries

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Plasmoid and Banelord are both right, as a failed BL on a Block action may be converted into a Move action, so it depends on wheter the coach left it as a Block (with the failed JU = no bite) or changed it to a Move action, in which case there's no roll on the JU, so he could have bitten.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
khudzlin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by khudzlin »

the way i see it, it happens this way

1) the vampire declares a block action
2) he rolls for bloodlust and fails
3) the coach decides whether he sticks with a block action or changes it to a move action
4) if he sticked with a block action, he rolls for jump-up
5) if he fails, the vampire cannot bite and goes to reserves

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

khudzlin wrote:the way i see it, it happens this way

1) the vampire declares a block action
2) he rolls for bloodlust and fails
3) the coach decides whether he sticks with a block action or changes it to a move action
4) if he sticked with a block action, he rolls for jump-up
5) if he fails, the vampire cannot bite and goes to reserves
This would be accurate.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Grumbledook wrote:yes you can fail a pick up and then bite a thrall

"If the Vampire finishes the move standing adjacent to one or more standing, Prone or Stunned Thralls from his own team, he attacks one of them"

there is nothing in the rules that says you don't get to bite cause you failed a pick up, it is a turnover but as they are standing there, they now have to bite, or go to reserves, either way it is a turnover
Agreed.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Rayd
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Vampire/Bloodlust queries

Post by Rayd »

I was wondering for one special case with Bloodlust.

If i give my Vamp Pass Block and decide to use it - do i have to roll for BB (and Boner, Wild Animal and all those negative traits in general).
As i read the rules i assumed yes.

So if so, what happens then?
Am I still only allowed to move 3 turns and suffer a turnover if dont end up next to a thrall or can i move the full MV then?

I would guess first version is the case - which would make that pass block quite risky for vamps (beside the fact that my vamps wouldnt ever see that skill anyway)
But just for Theoryballs sake I'm asking :)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Look at the FAQ ... its says that Pass Block is not an action. Which means you don't have to roll for Bone-head, Wild Animal, Blood Lust, etc. etc. etc.

Galak

Rayd
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rayd »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Look at the FAQ ... its says that Pass Block is not an action. Which means you don't have to roll for Bone-head, Wild Animal, Blood Lust, etc. etc. etc.Galak
Thx :)